Newcastle United vs Hull City - 21/09/13 @ 3pm

Beren
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Their midfield is strong, they won't concede possession easily and they will be able to exert pressure on us. Up front they lack a true goal threat but they're not a bad team at the moment. We still have more than enough to beat them but it won't be easy.

01 McGregor

03 Figueroa

05 Chester

06 Davies

27 Elmohamady

08 Huddlestone

10 Koren

11 Brady

14 Livermore

09 Graham

24 Aluko

Their midfield looks decent tbf, not very creative but solid and consistent. I think Danny graham is an intelligent striker but I think Colo and MYM are superior to him...

Have we ever beaten them in the PL ?

Only played them twice plus two cup ties the same season and we've yet to win.  Should have won the Cup tie at their place iirc.

We should have beaten them in both cup games but some spectacularly wank finishing meant we didn't.

Only played them twice plus two cup ties the same season and we've yet to win.  Should have won the Cup tie at their place iirc.

One of the worst games I've ever been too.

The one at SJP was surely worse. A few mates and I (one of whom was a Hull fan (who was also present at the league game)) went on a bit of a road trip to the cup game. Absolutely ghastly occasion. Kinnear sent off. :anguish:

The one at SJP was surely worse. A few mates and I (one of whom was a Hull fan (who was also present at the league game)) went on a bit of a road trip to the cup game. Absolutely ghastly occasion. Kinnear sent off. :anguish:

Wasn't at the home one thankfully.

Probably the worst game I've ever been at. I was at the 0-0 draws with Derby County and Bristol City in the Championship year, but they were forgettable as opposed to 'awful'. Either the Hull cup game or the 2-0 defeat at home to Man City (Allardyce) are my worst ones. That same Hull-supporting mate was at that City game n'all, the cunt. Saved himself somewhat when he accompanied me to the Villa game under Kinnear, which was arguably the best game of the relegation season.

Interesting fixture, this. We really struggle against organised, defensive sides when we play at home but from the little I've seen of them, they don't strike me as that type of team. They like to get on the ball and look OK knocking it around but lack better players in the final third to make it count.

The same team will start and I think we'll win 2-0. Personally, I'd start Marveaux ahead of Cabaye in the AM role for a game like this but that'll never happen.

same team again,  they are winning games and with the likes of Tiote and Gouffran looking good yesterday when they came on and other like Saylor,Shola and Marveaux waiting on the bench the players currently in the team know they need to keep performing to keep there place in the side.

Things could be looking up.

Guest icemanblue

like us to try something a a bit different.

a front line of Gouf,  Remy,  HBA.

Best performance for god knows how long on the weekend. The next home is absolutely the right time to 'try something a bit different'. :lol:

Guest icemanblue

going by your formula

we should had just stuck with the same line up vs fulham.  ;D

My formula? Common sense, you mean? :lol:

We had the option to play our sole summer signing, an exciting player who would allow us to effectively redeploy our most effective formation. A player who changed the game against Fulham. Bit of a no brainer, really. Let's just keep that going and see how it turns out, before we 'try something different'.

going by your formula

we should had just stuck with the same line up vs fulham.  ;D

My formula? Common sense, you mean? :lol:

We had the option to play our sole summer signing, an exciting player who would allow us to effectively redeploy our most effective formation. A player who changed the game against Fulham. Bit of a no brainer, really. Let's just keep that going and see how it turns out, before we 'try something different'.

Cisse in the middle at the moment doesn't give us enough, i'm not talking about lack of goals from him, but the movement from him does not provide us what we need in 'our most effective formation'

Maybe you are happy to see him goal hang for another 90mins and fluff his shots thats if he doesn't get caught offside.

But my patience has worm thin.  Guess our mileage differs  :lol: