Newcastle United vs Hull City - 21/09/13 @ 3pm

Beren
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On a side note though, aren't these 'gay laces' not a bit patronising? Kinda like saying you're homosexual so you must love rainbows.

I thought they were a bit 'gayish' but just assumed they wanted that sort of flamboyant style which would stand out. So here we are, rainbow laces.

Think the whole campaign is going to be a real struggle to take off when they haven't managed to get a top gay footballer to come out and front it (unless I’ve  missed him), instead Joey Barton is doing the honours, fair play to him like.

Guest icemanblue

On a side note though, aren't these 'gay laces' not a bit patronising? Kinda like saying you're homosexual so you must love rainbows.

I thought they were a bit 'gayish' but just assumed they wanted that sort of flamboyant style which would stand out. So here we are, rainbow laces.

Think the whole campaign is going to be a real struggle to take off when they haven't managed to get a top gay footballer to come out and front it (unless I’ve  missed him), instead Joey Barton is doing the honours, fair play to him like.

Are you chaps serious here? Have you never seen a rainbow flag? :lol:

:laugh: After a quick google search i now have. Now i know why i see them wristbands at foreign music festivals i've been too. Learn something new everyday  :blush:

:laugh: After a quick google search i now have. Now i know why i see them wristbands at foreign music festivals i've been too. Learn something new everyday  :blush:

:lol:

No way.

Guest Haris Vuckic

What did you think those massive Rainbow flags were down near the pink triangle?

Wait..what!?

Obviously I think people should come out and make a stand, but I understand why they don't. I don't know if I would want to make things harder for myself career-wise, football is already tough enough. In the meantime I guess we just need to raise awareness as much as possible.

FYI I was at Bradford v Brentford the other week and they were flying the rainbow flag.

Do you think people would react to a footballer coming out gay in the stadiums? Say for instance, Santon came out and said he was gay (I’m not saying he is), do you think he would be subjected to taunts from away fans, do you think there would be some home fans who hurl a mouthful of gay comments towards him if say he bottled a tackle? How would the english game react if a footballer came out? Would it be brushed off or would he be subjected to certain abuse for it?

I'd have thought the majoritiy wouldn't care but you'll always get a minority of nuggets who will give them stick. I'd have thought at league matches anyone who hurls abuse would get sorted out by those around them but the idiots would probably be out in force in cup games.

I would have thought it would be treated in much the same way as racial abuse. A troublesome, idiotic attitude not shared by the majority but capable of getting a frequent airing. I think the vast majority of supporters would speak out against it and clubs would be vigilant in dealing with it on the stands.

I honestly think that an openly gay footballer would be capable of having a decent career. Attitudes to homosexuality have changed a huge amount since Justin Fashanu. I think the public's reception of an openly gay footballer would do wonders for gay footballers in the game.

Want Hull to be worried about us this weekend (not in a gay way....).

Want them to worry about having to deal with HBA's trickery, Remy's pace and the receding idea that Cisse might start lashing them in.

Want them to be worried about Sissoko running them over, Cabaye spraying naughty passes around, attacking fullbacks, the works.

Want them to turn up nervous.

Feeling optimistic, this place has been upbeat last few days. We all know what's round the corner but hope to fuck we continue to do well and will blank out any impending doom that usually follows this club after a bit of optimism.

If we beat these we would have 10 points from a possible 15, not bad at all with tough games against Cardiff, Everton and Liverpool to come.