Cat-6 wired internet...

Jimburst

We have Cat-6 hard wired into our new flat, and my bedroom is too far away from the router to get decent signal.

Therefore I have an outlet in the wall that connects directly to the router, right? I'd use that, but I want wireless in my room, really. If I get a signal booster/cheap router and plug it into this Cat-6 jobbie should it make my room a broadcast point for the wireless?

Seems like it would make sense, but I don't know what kind of machine I have to buy, any suggestions?

Hmm, :lol: I think so too. Not sure though and I'd hate to waste money on one if it didn't work.

When you use a router like I'm planning, is it basically a plug-in and it'll broadcast the signal job, or will I have to sort it out myself on a PC before it will work?

Guest neesy111

Hmm, :lol: I think so too. Not sure though and I'd hate to waste money on one if it didn't work.

When you use a router like I'm planning, is it basically a plug-in and it'll broadcast the signal job, or will I have to sort it out myself on a PC before it will work?

If you use a router, it'll need configuring or it could fuck up the whole network if it's on the same subnet as the main router.

I'd suggest just buying a wireless repeater.

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/39117616/746661949/WiFi-Repeater-Access-Point-Up-To-300-150-54-Mbps-WLAN-Wireless-Amplifier-Including-LAN-Connection/ListingDetails.html?_%24ja=tsid:13315%7Ccat:39117616%7Cprd:39117616&$$ja=cgid:7025486697|tsid:48121|cid:130773417|lid:54129052377|nw:g|crid:22604418417|rnd:1457622131498274312|dvc:c|adp:1o5|mt:

So the wireless repeater wouldn't have anything to do with the ports in my room? I would like to have good strong reliable internet in her if I wanna game or stream video etc.

How would I configure the router 'TEX? Would it be through a program on my laptop? I'm canny novice when it come to internet tech.