The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Will be interesting to see how Brighton respond to this. Will they be able to maintain their performance and development, or will they stagnate and become mediocre before eventually getting relegated?:dontknow:

They’re definitely going to go backwards initially, it depends on the strength of the appointment as manager but they’ve lost too many key people to not end up bottom half now, no chance of relegation this season though 

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Brighton are a really well run club but I cannot see them coming back from this like. It's absolutely brutal.

I agree feel a bit sorry for Brighton. Hope the fuck nowt like this happens to us in a year or two. Suppose this is the cost of being a good manager, the top teams lie in wait! We just have to make sure we become a top team!

5 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

I agree feel a bit sorry for Brighton. Hope the fuck nowt like this happens to us in a year or two. Suppose this is the cost of being a good manager, the top teams lie in wait! We just have to make sure we become a top team!

Suppose the difference with us is we should have the financial clout for more margin of error when replacing anyone who gets their head turned. Unfortunately Brighton don't have that wiggle room which makes it a lot more precarious.

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Brighton are a really well run club but I cannot see them coming back from this like. It's absolutely brutal.

They apparently already know exactly who they are bringing in.

I think they'll transition seamlessly and make everyone look silly for expecting a demise.

Edited by KaKa

4 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

Swansea are great at spotting good up coming managers, they’re just terrible at being patient with them. 

Rodgers

Laudrup

Potter

Cooper

Not that we're not patient, they generally get poached. The only one pushed out in that list was Laudrup, instigated by the then Captain, Garry Monk.

Rodgers was poached by Liverpool, Potter by Brighton after becoming dissatisfied with backing and Cooper in a similar fashion decided to leave due to lack of backing, Swansea held him to contract until someone paid a fee (Forest). 

We're hoping Brighton was so happy with him they'll come to us for his replacement.

11 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Probably in the same boat as everyone else in that I cannot stand Chelsea recently but I really like Potter [emoji38] 

I hope he’s undeservedly sacked after a short stint and takes a big job abroad.

I liked Pochettino when he was at Southampton. Got over that the week he took over at Spurs. (Hated Rafa at Liverpool.). Will have no problem adjusting my opinion of Potter. C*nt.

15 hours ago, KaKa said:

That Belgian club their owners own, Union Saint-Gilloise, had a historic season last year.

Wonder if their manager is in the reckoning for the Brighton job.

That manager left for Anderlecht at the end of last season. Goes to show the power of a big club at any nation. 

19 minutes ago, Flip said:

That manager left for Anderlecht at the end of last season. Goes to show the power of a big club at any nation. 

Ah right! Didn't realise. I suppose they could still snag him off Anderlecht if they rate him highly, although that's probably unlikely.

1 hour ago, jack j said:

Wonder if they're considering that celtic manager. Seems to be playing decent football seen he was 5/1

Tempting

He's the one i think they should go for, if we didn't have Howe I'd love him here infact. He's a great manager, that has his teams playing exciting football and has done since his days back in with Brisbane, so I'm probably a bit biased:lol: