The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

8 minutes ago, Chicane said:

Dyche one of them managers I like but wouldn't want managing my ever team. Just a funny/different character and they've always been part of the game. Pulis another, shit even Mick McCarthy lol.

Agree. He has a niche where he's good at what he does which certainly isn't here. And that's okay.

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

So did Potter and Howe, only difference is they weren't pie eating cunts who tried to stay in the league on percentage football instead of actually coaching.

Whey, Dyche isn't fat :lol: and calling the football he plays percentage football is a bit of an insult to him imo. If you look into his coaching and tactical insight he definitely isn't in the classic PFM mould. All because he said that Bruce is decent to have a drink with once every year? Bit of a reach.

On 15/09/2022 at 18:55, HaydnNUFC said:

Canny watch. Do like Dyche, can't lie.

I don’t but he’s obviously good at what he does. Absolute jackanory for whoever his audience is too, proper slimy cunt.

1 point, bottom of the league, minus 12 goal difference.

Rodgers just waiting / hoping for his pay off.

Except the £16m it would cost them will be approximately what they got for Fofana's left leg.

Edited by Abacus

What the fuck is going on at Leicester like? :lol: Rodgers isn't that bad of a manager, but it looks like he has totally given up and just wants paid off, its mental. We don't play them until Boxing Day ffs he'll probably be gone by then. 

2 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Potter was supposedly mad to leave Brighton for Chelsea and did ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

One club has billions in hush money to spend and can be competitive at the top of the table and in Europe. 

The other looks financially fucked and on a negative downwards spiral. Brentford likely have a ceiling but it would be a gamble going to Leicester for Frank.

Edit: on top of that. Leicester reportedly have to pay Rodgers 16m if they sack him,plus extra for his staff. Likely not far off 16m to get Frank and his staff. I don't think they can afford that. Or if they do it will mean a fire sale in January with the likes of Barnes and Maddison.

Edited by toontownman

Said to my one of many LCFC-supporting colleagues the other day (who wants Rodgers gone) that if they still have any real ambition they should throw every penny they can at Tuchel before he’s really given any proper consideration to his next move.

He agreed but reckons there’s no chance. The training ground and planned stadium upgrade have eaten and will eat into a massive chunk of what was and is available.

No chance Tuchel goes anywhere near it IMO. They are skint, sacking Rodgers will cost a fortune and they are going to lose Tielemans on a free and probably have to sell Maddison on the cheap before he does the same. 

It's not a great gig to take on for a lot of managers. 

10 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

No chance Tuchel goes anywhere near it IMO. They are skint, sacking Rodgers will cost a fortune and they are going to lose Tielemans on a free and probably have to sell Maddison on the cheap before he does the same. 

It's not a great gig to take on for a lot of managers. 

I'm not saying he would, but it's the idea of shy bairns getting nowt. He's been thrown out on his arse, why not try and twist his arm?

I wouldn't touch the Leicester job right now if I was Frank. Would be interesting to see if he could adapt and handle a bigger team, so far to me he seems like a great manager for a smaller club but could possibly struggle in a bigger club where it's not only about results but also style of play. Obviously he's very smart and would probably be able to change his philosophy in a different environment but would still be interesting.

It’s mental how the situations in the boardrooms of clubs can trickle down so quickly to the playing side.

I mean, Leicester have lost a few players but they still have an excellent side there, no way they should be bottom. So I do sympathise with Rodgers as he’s a solid manager. But as a supporter you tend to only see what’s in front of you when you lose games like that so he’ll obviously be the first thing to their minds. More to it though for sure.