The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

Hope it's not Bielsa, would prefer it to be Rooney or Dyche so I can continue to enjoy Everton's woes.

The riots that will ensue if they appoint Allardici again would be hilarious. I know people say he's got the knowhow to keep them up, but the toxicity of his appointment might be too much even for him.

29 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Think it could be a career-ender for Dyche, they're going to get relegated so he'd need to be kept on and take them straight back up. They should definitely come back up but if the chaos persists it's not guaranteed. For Bielsa, he'll manage until he's dead 

Championship team would still pick him up if he fails at Everton. I think he feels his is premier league level. If he takes them down that might be the end of him going straight into a premier league job, unless he gets a team promoted. 

43 minutes ago, TRon said:

Hope it's not Bielsa, would prefer it to be Rooney or Dyche so I can continue to enjoy Everton's woes.

I was under the impression that Rooney is actually a decent manager and has his head on straight. No chance he'll go to Everton. 

I like Dyche so I hope he doesn't go there. If they could convince Ange to leave Celtic and gave him the time they need to rebuild in the championship next year, I think he would get them straight back up playing good football. I don't think he would gamble his reputation though on a club going down when he should have a pretty wide array of choices next season

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

Remember when Emery was moaning about being lumped in with Eddie Howe?

How must Bielsa feel? :lol:

Did emery have an actual go at Eddie? Have no recollection of that, can vagally remember him saying that he was concerned about the culture at the club if they where picking two different style of managers. :lol: 

Just now, 54 said:

Did emery have an actual go at Eddie? Have no recollection of that, can vagally remember him saying that he was concerned about the culture at the club if they where picking two different style of managers. :lol: 

Aye, that's what I meant though. Came across as a sort of "how can it be between me and him?!", to me.

Bielsa and Dyche couldn't be more polar opposite.

11 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

I was under the impression that Rooney is actually a decent manager and has his head on straight. No chance he'll go to Everton. 

Rooney feels like he would be a fit for Everton manager, so would have no problem if he turned up there. If he did well, I could say fair do's, if he flopped I could enjoy it equally as much as I enjoyed the demise of Frank Lampard.

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

Aye, that's what I meant though. Came across as a sort of "how can it be between me and him?!", to me.

Bielsa and Dyche couldn't be more polar opposite.

All things being well it sticks out as a potential problem like, but I think when you're in a relegation battle it doesn't really matter, it's horses for courses. 

The stars aligned for us to get Howe like. There are alternate universes out there with us under Rafa or Emery where the main battle on N-O is between the people who are bored and impatient and the people who are bored and patient.

18 minutes ago, TRon said:

Rooney feels like he would be a fit for Everton manager, so would have no problem if he turned up there. If he did well, I could say fair do's, if he flopped I could enjoy it equally as much as I enjoyed the demise of Frank Lampard.

I actually don't want Rooney to fail under the spotlight for now. Think as a mannger, he's more likeable and perhaps more down to earth compared to the larger than life, ego-maniacs, Gerrard and Lampard. It would crush his potential and development if he took on the Everton gig right now 

Edited by nufcjb