The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

1 minute ago, St1pe said:

Everton are such bottlers man. Imagine turning down Bielsa who could be transformative for them for Dyche who’s going to keep them up every season. Pathetic.

I thought it was Bielsa who knocked them back?

How can it be between Dyche or Bielsa though, two completely different opposite managers. [emoji38]

5 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I thought it was Bielsa who knocked them back?

How can it be between Dyche or Bielsa though, two completely different opposite managers. [emoji38]

That would make more sense. I’d just read they chose Dyche so assumed they didn’t want to give into what Bielsa wanted.

47 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Everton are such bottlers man. Imagine turning down Bielsa who could be transformative for them for Dyche who’s going to keep them up every season. Pathetic.

Love bielsa but he would need time and they don’t have any. 

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Think Dyche is a really difficult one to predict. It's a similar appointment to Howe in many ways, given that he achieved legendary status at a smaller club over ten years and has since been out of the game for an extended period.

Howe's achievements are remarkable but it's arguably a harder job turning Everton around. The team was performing terribly but everything else was relatively stable, purely due to the effect of the takeover. Howe had the benefit of being able to ride a palpable and visceral wave of optimism, whereas Dyche is just the latest guy entering the absolutely toxic cesspit of Goodison (and it's surrounding neighbourhood). 

Won't be surprised if he fails but it might not necessarily be a reflection of him. 

Aye I'm not entirely convinced he'll do well like. He might become an Allardyce and this will become his thing, but his style of play was him having plenty of time to get the squad and style he wanted over a number of seasons. Will be interesting to see if that Everton bunch can play the Burnley way.

He might also surprise us and play a better style of football the bigger the club and better the players.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Dyche would be a great appointment for them. Keep them up, see how it goes in the summer.

You might still then get rid of him and appoint Bielsa in the summer if they do drop for a full rebuild job, which they desperately need.

I've got no great animosity towards Everton, there are a few tossers in every fan group.

So, the main thing that annoys me is that I'm sure there's a joke to be had about "a finger in the Dyche" and I just can't think of it.

On 23/01/2023 at 17:13, joeyt said:

Remember when they had Ancelotti. That was a weird period

Yes, I remember it well.

There was a brief period after Everton had just hired Ancelotti, and James Rodriguez had joined them also and started the season on fire, and DCL was scoring goals for fun.

All the while we were stuck in the doldrums with Mike Ashley ... and I remember thinking we were completely finished and that we would soon be miles behind even Everton.

:yao:

17 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Love Big Dunc man. Got no doubt he cares about climate change, he's a good man. Can't see him going for the vegan stuff though - reckon he's much more into systemic change than worrying about individual actions. 

Funny as fuck this. Forza FGR

6 hours ago, KaKa said:

Yes, I remember it well.

There was a brief period after Everton had just hired Ancelotti, and James Rodriguez had joined them also and started the season on fire, and DCL was scoring goals for fun.

All the while we were stuck in the doldrums with Mike Ashley ... and I remember thinking we were completely finished and that we would soon be miles behind even Everton.

:yao:

Those were the days…[emoji38]

3 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Annoyed as Dyche will keep them up. Oh well, hopefully someone like West Ham goes down. 

Did a good job at Burnley across 10 years but in his last season they only won 4 games in 30 before he was sacked.