The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Did a good job at Burnley across 10 years but in his last season they only won 4 games in 30 before he was sacked.

Doesn't seem like a squad that wants to work or get behind managers that make them work. Will be interesting. Don't see it being a squad that will be giddy at the thought of dyche taking over. 

Just now, toontownman said:

Doesn't seem like a squad that wants to work or get behind managers that make them work. Will be interesting. Don't see it being a squad that will be giddy at the thought of dyche taking over. 

He'll motivate them and get them set up to grind out results, like. Be turgid to watch but is probably the sort of bloke they need at this time. Bielsa's probably a better fit for a club like Everton but totally the wrong time for him imo.

9 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Annoyed as Dyche will keep them up. Oh well, hopefully someone like West Ham goes down. 

I'm not so sure, like. He's got a canny job on his hands because theyre not blessed with defensive talent. They need to be scoring goals and attacking teams if they want to stay up and I'm not convinced Dyche has enough of that in such a short pace of time. 

It's hilarious they've appointed Dyche. What a fall from grace for them in such a short amount of time. I dont take any personal satisfaction from it as I dont dislike Everton any more than any other team I dont support, but this kind of thing always brings a chuckle. Absolutely shambolic from them as a club for a number of years now and it's not like everyone wasnt going "This is a bit mental" several seasons ago. 

Dyches the best choice for the current situation Everton tbh hard job but things are tight at that end of the table at the moment so get a few results and a little bit of momentum and they're way higher in the table. Bielsa's a great manager but I don't think he's the guy you bring in mid-season in their situation, he needs the pre-season to get the squad trained up for how he likes to play.

What Everton really need is some stability they've chopped and change so often over the last few years but their current board seems utterly incompetent, hell even their shortlist seems more akin of oh he's well known lets go for him instead of any though process on how he'll fit in philosophy etc, what kind of recruitment campaign leaves choice 1 as Bielsa and choice 2 as Dyche who is a completely different style of manager 

37 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Did a good job at Burnley across 10 years but in his last season they only won 4 games in 30 before he was sacked.

I know what you're saying, but people were saying similar about Howe when we appointed him in a similar position.

I honestly don’t see what he’ll do for them.

Hoof it up to Dominic Crock Lewin even though he is more suited to running onto the ball?

For those saying he was limited with what he had at Burnley, so had to play football. He was there for over 10 years. He sold anyone who had any sort of technical ability and replaced them with goofball cloggers.

They were on a downward spiral and were always going to go down.

I honestly don’t think he has it in him to work with the players have or to even motivate them.