The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

2 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

That's a ridiculous decsion I think. Should've kept him, I think they would've been fine. Can't see them doing any better with anyone else.

He was dreadful 

6 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

That's a ridiculous decsion I think. Should've kept him, I think they would've been fine. Can't see them doing any better with anyone else.

Really? They've not won a game since November in the league

20 hours ago, WillDanceForChocolate said:

I've no idea how O'Neil is still in the job. It's that bad I'd almost want you to beat us next week to put him out of his misery. Except he bizarrely looks unsackable at the moment. Plus, I could never want my team to lose.

If common sense prevails he'll be gone tomorrow.

With the way Premier League clubs operate these days, I feel like it had been a while since someone did the old 'appoint a caretaker who's done alright permanently even though everyone knows they're not actually cut out for the job long term' thing. Shakespeare and Solksjaer probably the last ones iirc so we were overdue. 

He properly useless then aye?

Must say I'm a fan of Marsch despite his Septic roots and I do think he'll go somewhere else and do well.

Leeds seemed to be playing well - they were better than Forest - just lacking a finisher. Bamford doesn't seem to be quite the same as he was and they missed Rodrigo.

Not sure who Leeds get in but I think they'll end up going down now. I'd have tipped Marsch to just about keep their heads above water by a small margin.

52 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Nobody really answered my point from yesterday so I'll assume it's just the fact that he's American that people have an issue with.

A 25% win rate has him in prime PFM territory like. If he was a PFM with that record people on here would have been questioning him?

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Pretty surprised at this one given how much they've backed him by buying his type of players in the summer and again in January. Albeit a lot of the transfers seemed a bit let's just give my old clubs money.

They haven't exactly been utterly shit either albeit their fans don't really like him and I reckon Everton not being a basket case against Arsenal has put the shits up the board.

He'll probably go back to the Fraudesliga and do alright n all. Or could start a cleaning company.

6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Really? They've not won a game since November in the league

That's a strange statistic to use considering there were no games played in December and only 2 in November.

They've played 6 since World Cup, lost 3 and drawn 3. They've only just in the last couple of weeks made new signings who presumably were ones who would fit into the managers system (particularly Weston Mckennie).

So to me it seems strange they've not given him the opportunity with a fresh sqaud and not actually being in the bottom 3 to get them to the end of the season at least.

Weird decision. Thought he Marsch was ok. One point off the bottom three with a game in hand. Thought they played good enough to stay in the Prem. Most of their games were competitive and many times they were the better side despite having less resources. 

Edited by Astroblack

4 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

That's a strange statistic to use considering there were no games played in December and only 2 in November.

They've played 6 since World Cup, lost 3 and drawn 3. They've only just in the last couple of weeks made new signings who presumably were ones who would fit into the managers system (particularly Weston Mckennie).

So to me it seems strange they've not given him the opportunity with a fresh sqaud and not actually being in the bottom 3 to get them to the end of the season at least.

No games played in December ???

They've won 2 league games since August

Lasted longer than Bob Bradley. So at least there is improvement from the American coaches! I have never seen the hype with Marsch and there has been a ton of it dating back to his MLS coaching days, but he certainly had Leeds well drilled against us. Can see him replacing Berhalter pretty soon. 

Not sure who Leeds turn to. The promise of a Lampard/Gerrard/Bruce appointment is so appealing to everyone outside or could see a Hodgson/Allardyce interim. Seems like the type of Madness Rafa might be into. 

9 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Would be a smart hire for where they are at. Whether they get past the congersation stage we shall see. He might be happy where he is. 

:lol:

"Almost HERE WE GO, just announced the closing of congersation, Corberan to Leeds on a 8.5year deal to congert FFP"

-Tapinamano

3 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Their last win was against Bournemouth, since then 7 games without a win and the record prior wasn't great either

Exactly this. they haven’t improved in the slightest since Bielsa left.