The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Don't know what more they could realistically expect from him or anybody than to be in a fighting chance of suriving a relegation battle.

I quite liked him, in 'fine for them but dear god I'd hate it if he managed us' sort of way.

Think primarily its about counter-acting the feared momentum of new managers elsewhere down there.

Marsch deserves a lot of credit for taking over from Bielsa last season and keeping them up. While results don’t always tell the whole truth (11th in goals scored, 6 teams with a worse GD), fact is they’re 17th and winless since November. Results take priority over style in the PL for relegation battlers.

Mystifying that he/they spent all that money (on some good players!) but didn’t see fit to replace the likes of Struijk, Cooper, and Ayling, none of whom should be starting in the PL.

I do think he’s a smart guy and a good manager. With the system he wants to install, he’d benefit from an opportunity to build something from the ground up, without the threat of relegation (Leeds) or pressure to compete for Europe and silverware (Leipzig). A reclamation project in a less demanding league.

While it’s obviously not just a coincidence that three American players ended up at Jesse Marsch’s Leeds United, Adams and McKennie would also make the starting XI for plenty of PL clubs. Aaronson is probably best as an “off-the-bench” option in this league at this point in his career, but he’s a talented player too.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Aaronson is probably one of their most frustrating players imo. Looks good on the ball for a bit then fails pretty much every key pass or shot on goal. Still young I suppose. Thought Gnonto, Summerville and Sinistera were more effective. 

Definitely a big jump from Austrian Bundesliga to PL (for managers too, clearly :lol: )

Sometimes I'm still in the mindset of being jealous of clubs who sack their managers who enter the slightest bit of bad form when we were stuck in the Ashley years and no matter what our form we were still stuck with Pardew or Bruce

5 hours ago, Conjo said:

Poor West Brom :lol: Finally get rid of the Bruce stink, and immediately lose their new saviour.

It’s coming to the point where if you sack a manager you can only promote within or hire someone out of work. Would reduce the trigger happy nature of owners and prevent other clubs seasons getting derailed.

What can he see being so low down apart from a load of shin pads and socks?! 

As an armchair manager the higher you are to see the pitch and players positions the better right?! 

Andre villas boas was always on his knees watching games too iirc, just can't see any benifit to it with regards to tactics [emoji38]

Edited by Scotty66