The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

What’s the Wilder hatred all about? What’s he done/said? Think I’ve missed something because he’s done an amazing job at Sheff Utd.

You can't fault him on his manager merits at Sheffield United, it's more he's an old white racist scumbag.

That was news to me too. Googled "Chris Wilder racist" and first hits, from last month and July last year:

"Blades manager became the latest Premier League boss to condemn racist abuse,"

"Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder wants to see online trolls "dealt with severely" after David McGoldrick was subjected to racist abuse."

"Chris Wilder wants ‘severest’ punishment for those who send racist abuse"

"Chris Wilder says that unity is vital in the fight against racism, not just in football but everyday life, too. "

If he is, it sure isn't blatant! :lol:

Seemed a decent bloke in most interviews. Aye that's a bit of a weird comment but hardly worth getting too worked up over.

Last season was close to miracle stuff with Sheff U given they probably had the worst squad in the league on an individual level.

Aye. Wilder deserves a lot of credit for an incredible season last year.

Adkins probably still feels hard done by. His sacking was incredibly harsh. Replaced by Poch I think which worked out for Southampton.

Aye. Wilder deserves a lot of credit for an incredible season last year.

Adkins probably still feels hard done by. His sacking was incredibly harsh. Replaced by Poch I think which worked out for Southampton.

Replacing him with Poch is a complete upgrade and a no brainer. He’s went on to do nothing after it. He has credit for last season the same way he’s rightly criticized for this season.

Was it a complete no brainer? Adkins had taken Soton from League 1 to the Premier League and had them 3 points above safety. Poch had just been sacked by Espanyol after they were last in the table with 9 points from 13 games.

Worked out well, but it was still very harsh on Adkins at the time.

He blamed the fact he couldn’t shout at his players (weird) on “lefties, do gooders and psychologists” lol. I’m glad it’s all blown up in his face, one swallow doesn’t make a summer, he’s had one good season (pl) I’m sure he will do just fine in the tinpot leagues again.

Also just recently he said he wished he could get rid of a few players they had but they aren’t allowed (contracts)

Embarrassing conclusion to form. Oh, he disagrees with the young, 'educated' and middle class? Boo hoo and bless them.

Fucking embarrassing.

What’s the Wilder hatred all about? What’s he done/said? Think I’ve missed something because he’s done an amazing job at Sheff Utd.

You can't fault him on his manager merits at Sheffield United, it's more he's an old white racist scumbag.

What does him being white have to do with it?

Also, is he actually racist? I'd be interested in evidence there.

As somebody said above anything you type in Google with Chris Wilder racism is him saying he wants more done to drive it out of the game and the strictest punishments possible for those who racially abuse players.

You can't just call people racist because you don't like them :lol:

I think it's more a dislike to him as a bloke than doubting his managerial ability.

Always came across as a bit John Carver to me, I never personally like listening to him talk or watching his teams, but I accept he might be a better manager than he appears. Gut instinct still says he's just another old school manager who is ok up to championship level, and not suited to the Premier long term.

As somebody said above anything you type in Google with Chris Wilder racism is him saying he wants more done to drive it out of the game and the strictest punishments possible for those who racially abuse players.

Aye, my point being that Kaiz' post just comes across as totally racist, basically saying Wilder's a racist with no evidence apart from the fact he's an older white bloke.

He overachieved that first season. Tactically found out this season though. His signings have been poor as well. Brewster (23m), Burke (7m), Robinson (7m), Mcburnie (17m), Mousset (10m). 151 appearances between the lot of them and 15 goals. Thats some work. Ramsdale has been pretty shit too and they spent a fortune on him as well. Would have absolutely been the best person to get the straight back up though. Strange decision.

tenor.gif?itemid=15729226

Aye, my point being that Kaiz' post just comes across as totally racist, basically saying Wilder's a racist with no evidence apart from the fact he's an older white bloke.

He certainly says it like it is.