The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest Howaythetoon

A lad at footy is a Chelsea fan (cockney married to a Gerodie lass and now works up here) and is absolutely gutted. The cult at Chelsea now is if you first don't succeed you're sacked. If you do succeed but have a blip you're sacked. Its mental. In many way Mourinho is the perfect Chelsea manager because he's a short-termer as well. He's a great manager, one of the very best of all-time, but he needs to change his philosophy and show more humility. He guarantees a trophy though and I'd fucking kill to have someone like him at NUFC.

You've got to love people who would rather have a charismatic manager with a shit style of football instead of a boring guy with a good style of football. Not like watching the sport actually matters

I do like good football, but I also appreciate a good defensive team performance. That's not to say I like the way Mourinho approaches the game. He has far too much talent on the pitch to play the way he does. But Diego Simione doesn't play the most attractive football but I respect how he gets 110% out of his players each match.

I also like when an inferior team beats someone much better than them using a style completely different to their opponent. Like Chelsea against Barcelona in 2012.

I don't like Mourinho's football but I thought Chelsea should have stuck with him because he became one of their symbols...When you say Chelsea you think of Drogba, Terry, Lampard and Mourinho...Its part of their identity this is what separated them from clubs such as CIty and PSG for example even though it all started with Russian money Mourinho was one main characters building up Chelsea...

Guardiola to Man City, Mourinho to Man Utd, Simeone to Chelsea, Ancelotti to Bayern?

A nice little merry-go-round.

If that were to happen, the premier league would become very interesting and would arguably have 4 of the 5 best managers in the league.

So is Guardiola going to go somewhere he can build a legacy or just slot into another top two/three side that already has world class players and limitless resources?

Rhetorical question.

http://i.imgur.com/DcpP1zA.gif

So is Guardiola going to go somewhere he can build a legacy or just slot into another top two/three side that already has world class players and limitless resources?

Rhetorical question.

Heard he's off to the Harlem Globetrotters.