The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

I had completely forgotten Hodgson's time at Liverpool.  :lol:

The media want you to. I read a couple of times today "the less said about his time at Liverpool the better". Actually it should be the opposite

He does have a good track record at the smaller clubs where expectations are just to survive. What I would be concerned about if I was a Palace fan was, the PL has changed in 5 years since he managed in it, he's not come out of the England situation with a great deal of credibility and that will effect his relationship building with the players there, also the big one is he's 70, age is a factor whether people admit it or not, as an England manager you can get away with it since it's hardly a taxing role outside of the major tournaments for a few weeks every two years. The life of a PL manager is way more intensive, especially when things are not going too well, you do worry about his health, he's going to be an extremely easy target if he doesn't get off to a good start and has Benteke taking the corners.

Going to be such more backtracking if Hodgson keeps Palace up.

You make it sound like we're in March or something! :lol:

It's only been 4 games. Really won't be some miracle if he "keeps them up". Chill man :lol:

Guest neesy111

Not saying he's a great manager, but think Hodgson is a better manager than people are suggesting. He's certainly capable of keeping them up.

Aye, some of the criticism of him on here is ridiculous but not surprising considering the posters.

Guest Howaythetoon

I like Roy, he's a decent manager or was in his day, but he's a bit of a dinosaur and our game needs to see the back of them for good not keep giving them fucking  jobs.

Probably the best set of players he's ever had

I'm going to guess he had better players when he was at Liverpool and Inter Milan

Not for his direct football he didn't. Good comprehension skills dude.

Probably the best set of players he's ever had

I'm going to guess he had better players when he was at Liverpool and Inter Milan

Not for his direct football he didn't. Good comprehension skills dude.

Well you said 'probably the best set of players he's worked with' then said 'they really suit his style too', which looks like two separate statements to me.

I think Palace's squad is pretty average like. Benteke is good on his day but he's very inconsistent, Zaha is good but injured, Sakho will help but other than that it's not a great squad. Cabaye has been on the decline for a while and Townsend hasn't really looked like the player we had here

I think Dann and Sakho will be decent together, and Schlupp can be ok. Milivojevic, Loftus-Cheek, Cabaye, Townsend, and Zaha is a decent bottom half midfield, and Benteke upfront. It's not too good to go down but it's not bad.