The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Daily Mail reckon Thierry Henry as the new Villa manager with John Terry as his number 2

Can’t see Terry liking being a number 2. Won’t be long before he stabs Henry in the back in an attempt to get the job himself.

If that's who he's sounding out as his number two, I've decided I can't see Henry being anything other than a disaster of a manager.

Bar one or two notable exceptions, the very best players tend to be utter nut-jobs, like many extremely gifted people.

Being a fucking nutter does not help when you have to manage and lead people.

I think that is why almost every great manager was a mediocre player (Guardiola and a very small amount of others excepted).

Henry was a great player, but I think he's a touch too eccentric to be a great manager.

Also, I was with some mates today who said they think he'll be a great manager as his analysis on Sky was really engaging and he seemed to have great tactical insight. Am I a mentalist for having thought he was nothing but the opposite of those things? :lol:

Leonardo Jardim to be sacked and Thierry Henry to take over him at Monaco according to French media

Didn’t realise Monaco were doing so badly. Jardim should’ve taken the China money in hindsight

Harsh on Jardim but he'll land a top job pretty soon.

Really harsh, right? He's gone pretty under the radar aswell.

They’re the second richest team in France, well run and have been fighting in the top for many seasons. Nine matches into this season and they’re in a relegation spot.

Also, I was with some mates today who said they think he'll be a great manager as his analysis on Sky was really engaging and he seemed to have great tactical insight. Am I a mentalist for having thought he was nothing but the opposite of those things? :lol:

A good pundit doesn’t make a good manager.

Also I don’t think he was all that good, Drogba was much better during the WC as a pundit. Some of the former women’s national team members are even better.

Wonder how that'll go. Always felt he was more interested in being cool in his punditry career.

Doesn't strike me as being leadership material at all, could be wrong but he seems too much a nice guy. Never really heard him go against what other people on the panel are saying even if it's patently bollocks. I would much prefer to see someone who will pull them up for it rather than giggle along to be one of the lads.