The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

6 hours ago, DMLeazesender said:

I'm struggling to see why we would be bothered about Woy and I can't see why he is held in such high esteem.

He is/was very average and his teams were very average.

That's why people are bothered. Watford becoming average keeps them up. Hodgson's never been relegated and has experience with keeping teams up, he's been there and done it. Watford are nowhere near doomed in terms of the quality they have, so this is a very sensible appointment from them for once.

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

That's why people are bothered. Watford becoming average keeps them up. Hodgson's never been relegated and has experience with keeping teams up, he's been there and done it. Watford are nowhere near doomed in terms of the quality they have, so this is a very sensible appointment from them for once.

Got relegated in Sweden. And was sacked by Blackburn when they were bottom of the league. Didn’t do too great with Liverpool either, iirc.

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Got relegated in Sweden. And was sacked by Blackburn when they were bottom of the league. Didn’t do too great with Liverpool either, iirc.

The Swedish relegation was like 40 years ago :lol: I think he's cancelled that out with his PL record since then like.

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Christ :lol:

They have no problems creating or scoring goals. Their problem is conceding goals.

The thing the Woy has always been adept at is making teams organised and difficult to play against. He's about as good an appointment as they could make in their current predicament.

Hodgson has win rates of 33% Palace, 37% WBA, 39% Fulham... If he can manage 30% win that could put Watford on at least 32 points, plus whatever draws they come about. 

Think we really need Everton to appoint Ferguson until end of the season, and hope Brentford's slide continues. The more clubs down there come the 30 game mark the better for us. 

Anyway, we just need to win games - give a fuck what other clubs are up too - doesn't change anything our end really.

20 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

They have no problems creating or scoring goals. Their problem is conceding goals.

The thing the Woy has always been adept at is making teams organised and difficult to play against. He's about as good an appointment as they could make in their current predicament.

I agree with you on the above, its the 'OMG we're down' I disagree with it.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I agree with you on the above, its the 'OMG we're down' I disagree with it.

Fair enough, that might have been an over-reaction but i was hoping they might make another shit appointment.

If we make some decent signings this week things might look more promising. If the playing staff of the two respective teams were to stay the same, and Watford got Woy, i would stand by my outlandish suggest that i think we'd drop