The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I sort of get doing it with the mackems, because they’re at quite a low point and have the opportunity to rise and flip a profit. But why would you try this with Burnley? They’re realistically only going to go down.

If you’re not going to pump money into them, they’ve got no chance of improving where they are and making a profit for you.

I think you're missing the point, you buy a club with the clubs own money and put them into debt doing so, you take as much money out of the club as possible, the club implodes and then you pull out leave them in administration and through complex legal fuckery you depart enriched some point. You keep them in premier league for more money to rake in thats great but it's not like they give a shit about it. 

Guest HTT II

No English club should be foreign owned, if so, fans get a 51% share which should be the case full stop.

Edited by HTT II

Well that seems a bit harsh. I can't stand Dyche personally, but he did a decent enough job for a lesser club who are always going to struggle at this level. I suppose if you were a fan you might prefer to watch better football, even at a lower level.

At some point teams like Fulham, Watford, West Brom and Norwich need to decide if they're actually big enough to have a proper go at going up and staying up with a bit of proper investment. Constant promotions and relegations must wear the supporters out. That said, West Brom fans can forget about the promotions part of that until they fire the gormless cunt.

44 minutes ago, midds said:

At some point teams like Fulham, Watford, West Brom and Norwich need to decide if they're actually big enough to have a proper go at going up and staying up with a bit of proper investment. Constant promotions and relegations must wear the supporters out. That said, West Brom fans can forget about the promotions part of that until they fire the gormless cunt.

Did I not read somewhere the premise that, if you get it right, there's a healthy economic arguement for being a yo-yo club. 

Decent crowds and Premier League cash/parachute payments etc etc?