The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

14 hours ago, James said:

Just hear that drug cheat Guardiola provided the courts with a character reference for alleged rapist Mendy.

I really don’t get why this abhorrent individual is still lauded

What makes him abhorrent? I don't know loads about him so I'm pretty neutral when it comes to Guardiola.

5 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

He gave testimony that amounted to ‘He’s fine with me but I don’t know what he gets up to outside of training.’ He also made it clear that he was there because he had been asked to go. It highlights what a stupid pointless thing character references are during trials and not much else. 

If you can't get someone to tell the law that you'd never rape someone, then you're probably a wrongun. Do you have to call your boss or something?

8 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

He gave testimony that amounted to ‘He’s fine with me but I don’t know what he gets up to outside of training.’ He also made it clear that he was there because he had been asked to go. It highlights what a stupid pointless thing character references are during trials and not much else. 

Still the fact he gave testimony at all would suggests they are aware the evidence is in Mendys favour, no chance Pep just makes a blind statement because if he’s convicted it’s awful pr. 

14 hours ago, James said:

Just hear that drug cheat Guardiola provided the courts with a character reference for alleged rapist Mendy.

I really don’t get why this abhorrent individual is still lauded

His drug verdict/ban was overturned, right?

42 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Pleased for them, good club 

Yeap definitely, I live in Cornwall so am naturally biased, but what they're doing with "Project35" with their sponsors this season is a class act.

35 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

Plymouth is in Devon isn't it ? 

Do Plymouth have a lot of fans from Cornwall ? 

Yeah, but it's on the border really, and the highest ranked team in Cornwall play in the seventh tier (Truro City), so most people defacto support Plymouth as it's only an hour away from most of Cornwall.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Wigan to appoint Kolo Toure

The fuck sort of timeline are we living in, feel like i'm living in a fever dream with some of the managerial appointments recently :lol:

Lampard = Everton

Toure = Wigan

Viera = Crystal Palace

Carrick = Middlesbrough 

Rooney = DC United

Arteta = Arsenal

Kompany = Burnley

Tommason = Blackburn

Gerrard = Unemployed