The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

16 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

They’re a shitshow right now, but Everton is comfortably a higher profile job than Burnley. Falling up.

He did an admirable job at Burnley. Comparable the job that Howe did with Bournemouth. Neither failed upwards IMO.

(Situation is quite similar. Except Everton is skint. Dyche won’t get a Bruno, won’t even get a Chris Wood.)

16 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

They’re a shitshow right now, but Everton is comfortably a higher profile job than Burnley. Falling up.

He did an excellent job at Burnley, makes his teams hard to beat and has joined a club in a shitshow as you say, so doesn’t seem a silly move. 

Can’t say I have any desire to watch his football, but despite using the phrase “proper football club”, he spoke very well in his first interview and is actually a very articulate and funny bloke. Maybe too likeable for that club actually. 

On 31/01/2023 at 06:38, gazza ladra said:

He did an admirable job at Burnley. Comparable the job that Howe did with Bournemouth. Neither failed upwards IMO.

(Situation is quite similar. Except Everton is skint. Dyche won’t get a Bruno, won’t even get a Chris Wood.)

:ructions:

You got submit reply on three round bursts?:lol:

9 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Anyone hear the Dyche interview with Collymore? He genuinely sounds like David Brent :lol:

I saw some tactics ‘masterclass’ video thing he did. It was utter bullshit and he was clearly just making it up. 

Compared to Rafa’s masterclass stuff it was night and day 

12 hours ago, toon25 said:

Anyone hear the Dyche interview with Collymore? He genuinely sounds like David Brent :lol:

He really does. Always thought Dyche was a bullsh*t merchant, spouts absolute nonsense and speaks in weird corporate style cliches, can imagine he delivers an incredible powerpoint presentation and speech!

"I want to be brutally honest with this, I have let the players down," Jones told BBC Match of the Day.

"I was recruited to do certain things and I don't see my team in there. I have pandered a little bit, I have gone away and tried to accommodate what we have.

"I haven't really put my own stamp on it and I should have by now, I really should have.

"The manager drives standards. I took plenty of accolades at my previous clubs and manager of the year and statistically one of the best in the country and one of the most aggressive managers," continued Jones.

"On an absolute shoestring, by the way. Pound-for-pound there wasn't anyone else in the country competing like we did in terms of points-per-pound.

"I've tried to give people what they want, I've tried to really work with the players to give them a system that suits them.

"But it doesn't suit me. It hasn't suited me as a manager or why I was recruited to come here."

Jones coming out with corkers for Southampton fans, especially liked the bit in bold

Edited by joeyt