The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Their schedule lightens up over the next few weeks. They’ve got Villa, Tottenham and then a lot winnable games before they see Man City in late October. They’ve been woeful, but their schedule wasn’t especially kind.  

Not sure that’s much of an argument for retaining Rodgers if he’s lost the players (or the fans). It doesn’t sound like they can afford to can him.

Edited by gazza ladra

13 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

If it's true Rodgers was offered the Newcastle job, bet he's regretting like fuck not taking it after seeing the buzz around here and comparing that to the mood in Leicester.

I wouldn’t have wanted him here, he’s a good coach, an average manager. Howe is a great coach and a great manager.

Edited by HTT II

Just now, Dokko said:

Offered to interview and offered the job are two very different things. 

Aye, we apparently offered to interview Gerrard and he thankful declined…

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

I wouldn’t have wanted him here, he’s a good coach, an average manager. Howe is a great coach and a great manager.

So far. Bet the same was said about Rodgers 10 months in to his reign at Swansea, Liverpool, celtic and Leicester.

Longevity is a rarity for managers. Usually they stay on long enough to become the villain.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Aye, we apparently offered to interview Gerrard and he thankful declined…

I reckon if.we offered an interview to Gerrard he'd have jumped at the chance. I don't think we did imo, but no one really knows, same with how close you get to signing players..

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

So far. Bet the same was said about Rodgers 10 months in to his reign at Swansea, Liverpool, celtic and Leicester.

Longevity is a rarity for managers. Usually they stay on long enough to become the villain.

He has a bad habit of ruining all his earlier good work, I think after a while, his shtick stops working with his players, even if his coaching methods don’t. I can see players eventually finding him highly annoying after a while. He lacks the charisma to keep it going like a KK could with his motivation and man management skills.

I reckon if.we offered an interview to Gerrard he'd have jumped at the chance. I don't think we did imo, but no one really knows, same with how close you get to signing players..

I’m sure I read he along with a few others were offered an interview, I’m not so sure he wanted that kind of process whether true or not. 

8 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He has a bad habit of ruining all his earlier good work, I think after a while, his shtick stops working with his players, even if his coaching methods don’t. I can see players eventually finding him highly annoying after a while. He lacks the charisma to keep it going like a KK could with his motivation and man management skills.

Think you're right there. He's a smarmy arrogant cunt, we all know it but it has early merit as players can grt sucked in. After a ehile it becomes annoying and players switch off from it. Like a mega pardew.

Think you're right there. He's a smarmy arrogant cunt, we all know it but it has early merit as players can grt sucked in. After a ehile it becomes annoying and players switch off from it. Like a mega pardew.

Aye he’s Pardew like, very much. But he can actually coach, has a philosophy, style of play, an identity and sets his teams up to win and play good football. When the going gets tough though, he is lacking and that’s down to his persona IMO. Pardew lacked that and relied on his persona and speal which to his credit worked when nothing else did. If he could coach he’d probably have been semi-successful. If Rodgers wasn’t such a cliched car salesman, he’d be a top level manager no doubt. 

Leicester are done with being competitive for quite some time I’d say. The owners are not doing that well right now and that negativity and uncertainty trickles down as it always does.

The legacy of leaving such good facilities though will pay dividends at some point when they begin developing valuable talent.

Mike Ashley’s wet dream to be honest.

5 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Leicester are done with being competitive for quite some time I’d say. The owners are not doing that well right now and that negativity and uncertainty trickles down as it always does.

The legacy of leaving such good facilities though will pay dividends at some point when they begin developing valuable talent.

Mike Ashley’s wet dream to be honest.

They are a well run club, a new decent enough manager and some reasonable spending will see them OK in a similar fashion, maybe not top 5 or winning a cup and European football, but top 8 and looking to gradually improve season on season. I think they’ve come to the end of their cycle under Rodgers and I can see them getting good money for Maddison and Tielemans for example, or enough to reinvest it into the squad adequately. They have a decent scouting system in place.