The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

I think it would be harsh to sack Holloway unless there was a big upgrade available which i highly doubt. Can't believe 9 people think Moyes will be next go, never going to happen, he will be giving time in this job, the jobs his for the season at the very least imo. Not that I think he’s right for the job, think it was an awful appointment. Fulham would be foolish to sack Jol, they aren't really going to get better than him but he needs to start finding a formation that suits his attacking players that keeps them happy if he wants to remain in his job. As mentioned previously i can't see Hughton lasting much longer, even though a lot on here do seem to rate him, he's not for me but never really has been.

Holloway just seems like a massive bellend who likes playing to the crowd, like with his stupid jig on the touchline after they scored, or singing along with the Kop anthem.  He reminds me of Phil Brown in that respect. That said, I've never really paid much attention to his side, so for all I know, there might be a decent coach underneath all the theatrics. Other clubs are welcome to give him that chance to prove himself.

Can't believe 9 people think Moyes will be next go, never going to happen, he will be giving time in this job, the jobs his for the season at the very least imo.

Absolutely. There is no chance of Moyes being sacked this season - unless he loses every single match, shags Giggs' wife and sister-in-law, punches Bobby Charlton and pisses on the Ferguson statue. And even then I wouldn't bet on it...

It's quite interesting how managers that come up to the PL with a relatively unfancied side and either go down with them or are harshly sacked mid-season are always rated a lot lower in general perception than managers who have a good record in the Championship without actually going up to the Premier League.

Boothroyd, Holloway, Adkins, McDermott, Warnock... none particularly rated really. Yet look at Poyet, Clark, Howe, O'Driscoll etc... the media love talking them up (and others) as potentially fantastic managers.

Yeah it is strange. What I don't understand also is a club like Crystal Palace sacking their manager around this time of the season. Surely they either have to stick with them or change the manager when they come up?

Palace bought as much for next season as they did this season. Suspect staying up would be a bonus not a given, aim to come back with season after next on a surer financial footing.

Half teh signings haven't even got in the team. The likes of Thomas, Jermone, Kebe, Bannan and a few others aye. But there's a few he hasn't even played. There's one that didn't even get into the squad. He's clueless.

Malky now favourite at 4's according to Oddschecker.

...and with it having emerged that Malky Mackay's right-hand man, Iain Moody, has been suspended for unknown reasons and replaced by Alisher Apsalyamov, a 23-year-old from Kazakhstan who has no previous experience in football but who just so happens to be mates with Tan's son.

:lol:

...and with it having emerged that Malky Mackay's right-hand man, Iain Moody, has been suspended for unknown reasons and replaced by Alisher Apsalyamov, a 23-year-old from Kazakhstan who has no previous experience in football but who just so happens to be mates with Tan's son.

Absolutely mental. :lol:

"In the summer Alisher Apsalyamov was on work experience painting the walls of Cardiff City Stadium, watching their promotion games on his laptop.

"Now he's the acting head of recruitment at the age of 23, responsible for the January transfer window that could determine whether Cardiff stay in the Premier League."

"In the summer Alisher Apsalyamov was on work experience painting the walls of Cardiff City Stadium, watching their promotion games on his laptop.

"Now he's the acting head of recruitment at the age of 23, responsible for the January transfer window that could determine whether Cardiff stay in the Premier League."

Fecking crazy.  Watch us try and nick him to replace Carr.

Doh! :blush:

Right, who on earth is responsible for the organisation of the above list?!  Resembles something Pardew would do.... :whistle:

right o then- see if you can figure out what order the names are in.

50p to the 1st corect guess.

Doh! :blush:

Right, who on earth is responsible for the organisation of the above list?!  Resembles something Pardew would do.... :whistle:

right o then- see if you can figure out what order the names are in.

50p to the 1st corect guess.

Alphabetical by club name!  Woo-hoo!  can I get a cheque?

trade the kid for Kinnear

• 2 weeks later...