The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Hodgson is basically what the media pretends Bruce is. Honest, reliable enough, and fundamentally a decent coach, without ever being particularly good. I hope they get someone more interesting though because the football has been fucking ugly.

They're definitely an early shout for relegation contenders, along with Norwich, Watford and Bournemouth/Swansea. It's a really important appointment for them, be interesting to see who they go for. In theory you'd expect them to make an ambitious move after Hodgson's completed the job of cementing and consolidating their position in the PL; would feel like a big waste of time if they got it wrong now.

All in for Howe? 

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Find him more respectable than your average PFM, seems a decent bloke. Admittedly not based on much. 

He is what a PFM should be, and not the typical dinosaur hanging on to anything resembling a 'top job'.

Presumably Palace will be all over Bruce considering he's done such a wonderful job here according to all in the media....

Surely Palace wouldn't help us out again after Pards?

2 hours ago, Kimbo said:

Simon Jordan would be gutted.

He actually joked about that on the radio this morning  if it were to happen.

I’ve said this before but apart from his blind spot that is NUFC I find myself agreeing with most things SJ comes out with. One for the unpopular opinions thread 🙂

6 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Find him more respectable than your average PFM, seems a decent bloke. Admittedly not based on much. 

Agreed, for me I'd say it's based on his post match interviews, he is mostly fair and doesn't just moan about decisions like some do

Great news for Palace, but I think they’ll do shit business (again) and the new manager will end up doing really poorly.

A big win for the PFM activists who will argue Hodgson did “such a good job”, completely ignoring the different teams the managers are working with.

Are Palace fans happy about this or not? Palace are one of those clubs I've never really followed or taken much of an interest in tbh, I'd take their opinions over the opinions of the pundits. Learned my lesson when Newcastle fans were completely ignore and told we were wrong regarding Pardew and Bruce. The fans know. 

Mixed I think but they had their hands burnt with de Boer. One of the pundits on Totally/Guardian is a Palace fan and was saying he’d keep Hodgson for a year to rebuild so they’re not going full scale change at once.

Would love Lampard to go in and take them down.

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, Disco said:

Mixed I think but they had their hands burnt with de Boer. One of the pundits on Totally/Guardian is a Palace fan and was saying he’d keep Hodgson for a year to rebuild so they’re not going full scale change at once.

Would love Lampard to go in and take them down.

What’s with the ‘hate’ on Lampard out of curiosity? That’s thrown out to anyone who wants him to bomb. I think he has the makings of a decent manager (id have him here in a heart beat) and the Chelsea job probably come too soon for him and he was out of his depth in the end. I do like how his team’s play, his development of younger players and quite prefer it when a former British player gets into management though and isn’t another Bruce in the making. I hope him and Gerrard go far and although I’d hope the same for Rooney, he doesn’t have the intelligence IMO to succeed as a manager full stop. But you never know. I hope Bower does well too as he’s kind of showing thus far, although at a different level/playing field. It’s all good for (our) the game IMO.

Just think he’s a bit of a bell and the media love-in surrounding him is nauseous. I think he’ll turn out to be an alright manager as well for what it’s worth.

I don’t have much time for Palace either, bit of a pointless entity.

Guest HTT II
12 minutes ago, Disco said:

Just think he’s a bit of a bell and the media love-in surrounding him is nauseous. I think he’ll turn out to be an alright manager as well for what it’s worth.

I don’t have much time for Palace either, bit of a pointless entity.

Aye he does come across as a bit false or rather deliberately nuanced in his mannerisms, interviews, spiel etc. and as a personality I don’t warm to him really, but I find him interesting enough to see that he has at least something about him as a coach/manager that makes him stand out somewhat. And same here with Palace, they are as much of a nothing club as NUFC are in the PL grand scheme of things, utterly boring and you wouldn’t miss them if you never heard of them again or saw them play in the top flight again.

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II

Look at Leeds this season, I don’t have any affinity whatsoever of that club, but I’d miss them if they were not a PL team as they are today, their manager, their players. Ironically I wouldn't miss any of the ESL legacy clubs one iota, in fact I’d fucking relish their non existence in our game full stop. I’d rather have Palace stinking out the tip flight than any of them cunts!

Edited by HTT II