The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest HTT II

Rafa would transform Everton from what they are now to a top 6 club competing for honours easily. He’d be the perfect fit for them and I imagine once the initial reaction to his appointment wears off Everton fans would love him like we did and LFC fans. I get their ire over him, but realistically he’s’ a great manager, great man, proven and exactly what they need.

Guest HTT II
8 minutes ago, Ben said:

Everton will have to do some serious PR to get Rafa in, their fans are not happy at all.

Aye, I’m pretty sure though when they win the friendly derby they will come around…

5 hours ago, Beth said:

Just another boost to his retirement fund imo. Yes he's probably the best manager we've had since Robson, but the way some on here build him up you'd think he was the next messiah.

Meth tbh

6 hours ago, Beth said:

Just another boost to his retirement fund imo. Yes he's probably the best manager we've had since Robson, but the way some on here build him up you'd think he was the next messiah.

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy for going to Everton. 

Ah all the best to him. I’ve mixed feelings on it, hope he does well to shut idiots like keys & gray up but the Everton fans don’t deserve him or any success he’d bring 

Guest reefatoon

It’s going to be like Chelsea all over again for him. He is going to need a good start that’s for sure or they will be right on his back.

Edited by reefatoon

6 hours ago, Beth said:

What a load of tosh

I know they say a manager has to be confident in their abilities, but much like Bruce to Newcastle Rafa to Everton looks destined for failure.

He isn't going to be allowed to put a foot wrong, at all.

7 hours ago, Beth said:

Read every story on Rafa, his incredible commitment to his work, his 24/7 obsession with football, his legendary attention to detail and pure passion for coaching and you'll know that just turning up for a pay check is not part of his character. Getting paid well for a job you love is great and not a moral failing at all. It's not a binary choice - "he's either doing it for the love or the money". There are many reasons to take a job but it's just not possible for Rafa to turn up merely for the paycheck. If he takes a job it means he's going all in.

Guest HTT II

If Rafa was a mercenary he wouldn’t have taken the fucking NUFC job and stayed beyond relegation under Ashley FFS, howay man! [emoji38]

Edited by HTT II

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

It’s going to be like Chelsea all over again for him. He is going to need a good start that’s for sure or they will be right on his back.

Well he won Chelsea a cup, Everton fans would gladly settle for that. 

Have to admit - If Rafa has been offered the jerb at Everton Id be hugely disappointed. I can understand him doing it 100% and Ive no doubt he will win round their fans.

Rafa is/was such a good fit for us though

Just now, Kanji said:

Makes you wonder if the Rafa stuff is a leak by their board to try and get Nuno or Martinez to commit. 

I'm thinking this also. Can't imagine the Everton board really wanting a manager that the fans are so against. It's just extra pressure from day one to get results 

3 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

I'm thinking this also. Can't imagine the Everton board really wanting a manager that the fans are so against. It's just extra pressure from day one to get results 

Allardyce?

8 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Have to admit - If Rafa has been offered the jerb at Everton Id be hugely disappointed. I can understand him doing it 100% and Ive no doubt he will win round their fans.

Rafa is/was such a good fit for us though

Given time I think he would do well. They have whinged about the football Carlo Magnifico played and I don’t think it’ll be too different under Benitez until he gets his players in, like the way we looked post Miggy. 

Difference is, they won’t give Rafa a chance.