The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Fancy Hughton to do the right thing and just walk. Resignation and leave with dignity.

dunno look at it from his POV forget the whole compo thing but its admitting I'm not up to the job which could hinder him getting another one, I'll never criticize anyone for not walking away anyway.

Fancy Hughton to do the right thing and just walk. Resignation and leave with dignity.

dunno look at it from his POV forget the whole compo thing but its admitting I'm not up to the job which could hinder him getting another one, I'll never criticize anyone for not walking away anyway.

No I wouldn't criticise him if he didn't walk, agree on that. Just think he's a nice bloke and he might do the right thing. He'll get a half decent job in the championship probably, PL clubs won't be touching him though.

Got to be Chrissy now, like. Real shame. Can't say I've seen much of Norwich whatsoever, barring games against us and MotD. I swear he's a decent manager, I wonder what's gone wrong there? Negative tactics, or so I've heard, but perhaps the incoming players haven't blended into the league as well as they should've, too? Van Wolfswinkel's only got one goal, hasn't he?

Got to be Chrissy now, like. Real shame. Can't say I've seen much of Norwich whatsoever, barring games against us and MotD. I swear he's a decent manager, I wonder what's gone wrong there? Negative tactics, or so I've heard, but perhaps the incoming players haven't blended into the league as well as they should've, too? Van Wolfswinkel's only got one goal, hasn't he?

I've actually watched most of their games this season as I'm always interested to see how he's doing and I've always thought he's a good manager.

The negative tactics thing is not really true from what I've seen. He tries to set the team up fairly solid which is fair enough with a team like Norwich but they definitely encourage the attack from the flanks to support the lone striker(similar to what we are always encouraging Pardew to do) and they play good football at times. They really battered Cardiff the other week and just couldn't get it in the back of the net, mainly due to Marshall. They weren't far off getting a result against Chelsea, some might say they went too attacking against them later in the game although they were quite unlucky with the goals there too and away to Stoke they played them off the park. The defeats against City and Spurs were very poor though and they just didn't really turn up on both occasions.

They have two main problems I think, the first is that the strikers they have aren't delivering yet, Hooper looks off the pace which is probably due to being injured for a lot of the start of the season and Van Wolfswinkel is taking his time too and might not be cut out for it. The second problem is that they need a better attacking central midfielder. I'm not sure what Fer is going to be eventually but he isn't that at the moment and Howson looks decent but isn't quite doing it. They need a more creative force in there and he should be looking to sort that out in January if possible. Snodgrass has also been way off form lately too and he used to provide a lot. Defensively they usually look fairly solid to me although obviously lost the plot a few times against the top teams. John Ruddy looks like an average to shite keeper to me though and I'm not sure why he's in the England squad?

They have had probably the hardest opening to the season of any teams and are still only 3 points off Villa etc and 6 off us but if they don't beat West Ham he will probably get the sack. If he doesn't though I think he'll turn them around pretty soon and good luck to him. Personally I thought getting that Norwich team to 11th last season whilst rebuilding half the team with minimal investment was class tbh and he deserves a bit of time.

• 4 weeks later...