The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest HTT II

Wow, I didn't know wor very own Scott Sellars was working at Wolves.

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Not sure Poch is leaving PSG....

Not sure he’s the answer as well. Despite his very very good record there, he was struggling in the end to turn them from a top 4 position into a genuine title challenge, they were awful in the CL final too against an awful performance by LFC.

Edited by HTT II

Scott Sellars is a technical director there? Didn’t know that. Would love to have someone who was part of our fun period back working in a position of influence in new era after MA. 

who is this Lago guy?

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Spurs going for Martinez while Rafa is sat at home is something else. And I actually like Martinez, but the way these clubs overlook Rafa is incredible.

If Martinez does return to club football, hopefully he doesn't take Jones with him

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, cosmic said:

If Martinez does return to club football, hopefully he doesn't take Jones with him

Aye as we’ll be left with fucking Bruce as number 1...

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Martinez does not feel like a step up but I dunno how he's done with Belgium. Underachieved, is my default/uneducated/probably poor opinion. 

Nah, he's definitely not done poor. Second best team in the last World Cup, only marginally behind France and got through qualifiers with ease

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Martinez does not feel like a step up but I dunno how he's done with Belgium. Underachieved, is my default/uneducated/probably poor opinion. 

Definitely underachieved at Euro 2016. The last World Cup was probably the toss of a coin between France and Belgium quality wise and they just came up short. 

Guest HTT II
20 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Martinez was absolutely grim as Everton manager.

One decent season no?

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

One decent season no?

Aye, finished 5th on his first season.

I'm sure Neil and other Everton fans will no doubt be able to elaborate, but his sides are absolutely shocking defensively. Once the solid foundations Moyes had built were eroded, he struggled.

33 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Definitely underachieved at Euro 2016. The last World Cup was probably the toss of a coin between France and Belgium quality wise and they just came up short. 

Martinez wasn't Belgium manager at Euro 2016

20 hours ago, HTT II said:

Not sure he’s the answer as well. Despite his very very good record there, he was struggling in the end to turn them from a top 4 position into a genuine title challenge, they were awful in the CL final too against an awful performance by LFC.

It’s not an easy thing to do. Think when Leicester won it was their best chance but other than that Man City and Liverpool have been brilliant when winning it.

As for the final the penalty that never was after 2mins was bound to flatten them but actually thought they were the better team for large spells in that game iirc. Kane hadn’t played at all for a month either iirc so that gamble backfired as it felt they had 10 players on the pitch.

Then no major squad regeneration for 3/4 windows as they paid for their stadium.

Such fine margins. I know they were dropping off before the final as their away form that season was poor but like under Mourinho they were still doing well against the teams just dropping a lot of late points with an ageing defence.

Really think the whole "Poch didn't win a trophy" at Spurs is a load of tosh. It's incredibly hard to win a trophy in England, especially with how good Man City and Liverpool has been lately. The fact that he got them challenging, consistent top 4 and a CL final is very impressive considering what he was up against. The fact that Leicester has gone and won two bloody trophies in the last five years shouldn't take anything away from that neither; they are just an absolute fairy tale come true. 

Spurs fan at work says the same; Poch is his favourite ever Spurs manager. 

Spurs squad is absolute garbage, I was amazed at the criticism Mou was getting when you sat and actually looked at what he was working with.  Probably deserves credit for that blistering Kane/Son start to the season but they were never maintaining that considering what was around them.

Selling Dembele was a huge error, he made them tick. 

The form of Alderweireld, Alli, and Eriksen fell off a cliff too, compounding matters.

I'd agree they now have a very average squad outside their front three.

23 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Spurs squad is absolute garbage, I was amazed at the criticism Mou was getting when you sat and actually looked at what he was working with.  Probably deserves credit for that blistering Kane/Son start to the season but they were never maintaining that considering what was around them.

Hmmm ... I'm not so sure. I think Mourinho mismanaged the squad if anything. Their strengths are in forward areas of the pitch and he didn't take advantage of that, because it's just not his forte.

Not making use of Dele and Bale for large parts of the season was a huge mistake, particularly against weaker teams that they could have really overwhelmed with Kane, Son, Bale and Dele all involved. Likely would have allowed them to control games more too and taken pressure off the defenders.