The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It definitely isn't but I think it's far-fetched to think Rafa's movements indicate anything to do with how that's going. 

It absolutely 100% definitely is and feel free to quote me on that. :razz:

If we get the takeover then we can embrace a totally new direction then, putting away the Ashley era and its baggage for good. That's assuming the consortium wants a new manager, which I would hope they would! 

1 hour ago, neesy111 said:

Tell me how is Rafa supposed to know how takeover goes if he's close to them when they clearly don't judging be events if the last 16 months?

:dowie:

Think neesy had one too many.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

Not really - loads of talk of ‘the project’ and him connecting with a working class city and him being behind Staveley coming in.

It looked like we might he more than just another job, and we are a fanbase who like things to be a little bit romantic.

It would be nice if all that was true. But not the end of the world if it isn't.

What’s mad about that?

Why isn't Rafa lying down outside St James' Park with tears running down his face, openly praying out loud to the Lord God almighty that the takeover gets done? If he really loved the club that's what he would be doing. Obviously a sellout.

22 minutes ago, Pons Alias said:

Not really - loads of talk of ‘the project’ and him connecting with a working class city and him being behind Staveley coming in.

It looked like we might he more than just another job, and we are a fanbase who like things to be a little bit romantic.

It would be nice if all that was true. But not the end of the world if it isn't.

What’s mad about that?

The Newcastle job isn’t available what’s he supposed to do? This idea of him waiting for a takeover that may or may not happen is ridiculous. 

the guy lives and breathes football he wants to be back in the game and in the premier league.

my thoughts on him going to Everton is I’m gutted they are getting them while we have Bruce but if the takeover does go thru I’m not that bothered about him going to Everton 

Edited by gdm

He enjoyed his time here and we enjoyed having him. He owes us nothing. It’s time everyone moved on, he’s just another manager and we’re just another club, it just happens that we both remember each other fondly enough. I know that doesn’t happen very often with us, but hopefully he’s one of many in the next few decades that happens to be.

Mind, he’s fucked up going to Everton as much as we fucked up going for Bruce, but we’ll move on eventually to something better, takeover or not, Rafa will only decline with every poor choice of job he takes. 

44 minutes ago, Pons Alias said:

What’s mad about that?

:kinnear:

He’s been offered a job in the league he wants to work in, in a city his family live in. Who can blame him really, just a shame he’s going to a club with a fanbase that won’t respect him. 

I think our situation doesn’t help. I think if when Rafa walked away we replaced him with an actual good manager I think most people would be over it by now but as it is we replaced him with the shit pie that is Steve Bruce 

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, Jordan said:

He’s been offered a job in the league he wants to work in, in a city his family live in. Who can blame him really, just a shame he’s going to a club with a fanbase that won’t respect him. 

Beat Liverpool, get into Europe, or win a cup they'll love him.  All within his reach tbf.

Just now, gdm said:

I think our situation doesn’t help. I think if when Rafa walked away we replaced him with an actual good manager I think most people would be over it by now but as it is we replaced him by the shit pie that is Steve Bruce 

Element of truth to this.  Personally don't think there are that many around like him in terms of how he integrates into communities and so on but yeah if we'd got anyone half decent the pain would have been much easier to take.