The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest HTT II

Another one who will be gone before next season ends, weird appointment. Shows how toxic the job is at Spurs at this moment, major squad issues, lack of funds, star player wanting out and perennial no trophies! Ironically Rafa would sort a lot of that shit out and if they did sell Kane, I guarantee he would use that money to build a better team/squad and have them achieving higher, much higher. 

This is such a huge appointment for Spurs, with whoever is going there getting to spend the Kane money and rebuild the team. Get this one wrong and they could slip pretty far down the league in the next few years. 

Guest HTT II
11 minutes ago, Nobody said:

This is such a huge appointment for Spurs, with whoever is going there getting to spend the Kane money and rebuild the team. Get this one wrong and they could slip pretty far down the league in the next few years. 

Hopefully… 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/06/09/everton-consider-shock-move-former-liverpool-manager-rafa-benitez/?

Everton are considering a shock move for former Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez.

Benitez is available and hungry for a return to the Premier League, and Everton owner Farhad Moshiri is weighing up what would be the most unexpected appointment in Goodison Park history.

Moshiri has good reason to at least meet Benitez, who lives on Merseyside and is a free agent following his most recent stint at the Chinese club, Dalian Professional. There has already been contact between Benitez and Everton to sound out mutual interest. But for his obvious Anfield connections - Benitez spent six years at Liverpool where he won the Champions League and FA Cup - his candidacy would be a no-brainer given the calibre of his CV which includes the highest honours in European football.

Benitez has spoken openly about his eagerness to return to management in England as soon as possible, and is pragmatic enough to realise the Everton job is an attractive proposition. 

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Another one who will be gone before next season ends, weird appointment. Shows how toxic the job is at Spurs at this moment, major squad issues, lack of funds, star player wanting out and perennial no trophies! Ironically Rafa would sort a lot of that shit out and if they did sell Kane, I guarantee he would use that money to build a better team/squad and have them achieving higher, much higher. 

Having watched that farce of a doc, there's absolutely no way that narcissistic prick Levy would have someone around like Rafa that he couldn't bully. 

33 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/06/09/everton-consider-shock-move-former-liverpool-manager-rafa-benitez/?

Everton are considering a shock move for former Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez.

Benitez is available and hungry for a return to the Premier League, and Everton owner Farhad Moshiri is weighing up what would be the most unexpected appointment in Goodison Park history.

Moshiri has good reason to at least meet Benitez, who lives on Merseyside and is a free agent following his most recent stint at the Chinese club, Dalian Professional. There has already been contact between Benitez and Everton to sound out mutual interest. But for his obvious Anfield connections - Benitez spent six years at Liverpool where he won the Champions League and FA Cup - his candidacy would be a no-brainer given the calibre of his CV which includes the highest honours in European football.

Benitez has spoken openly about his eagerness to return to management in England as soon as possible, and is pragmatic enough to realise the Everton job is an attractive proposition. 

That's them testing what the fan response is, I think.

1 minute ago, Ben said:

Has fat Frank not getting a job yet ?

Think he may have to settle for a Championship club again to build his stock up. Suppose Palace might take a stab now Santo talks have falling through. Had a sneaky feeling Celtic might have also gone for him after Howe fell through,. Problem is that Tuchal demonstrated the difference between a top manager and a raw manager massively. As said earlier his early promise is well out of the window now. Palace is his only real hope for a Premier League club for the foreseeable future in all probability

Unless the takeover is a no go and Bruce has us in a relegation position as Ashley maybe would take a chance on him.

Ange Postecoglou confirmed as Celtic manager.

I know cheering for Celtic is frowned on here, but I have a fondness for them as well as wanting an Aussie to do well.

Objectively, though, it’s a pretty poor appointment. He might well be the best manager Australia has produced, but that doesn’t equal a CV to stop the rot Lennon left behind...

5 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

Ange Postecoglou confirmed as Celtic manager.

I know cheering for Celtic is frowned on here, but I have a fondness for them as well as wanting an Aussie to do well.

Objectively, though, it’s a pretty poor appointment. He might well be the best manager Australia has produced, but that doesn’t equal a CV to stop the rot Lennon left behind...

As my Celtic fan mate said it’s some mess going from Brendan Rodgers to Harold Bishop in four years :lol: