The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

33 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

What’s that got to do with taking the job?

Unless I've read it wrong, you were doubting his motivation to find jobs based on easy access to his family, on account of him moving to China in 2019. I'm saying that, after everything that has transpired since then, that motivation may have only just emerged.

Not that I'm really sure what the wider argument is here. He's gone to Everton and is therefore disloyal/a mercenary/isn't as grounded in certain principles as we perhaps thought? I don't see any evidence of that personally. I see a man affected by circumstance who's ready to manage a PL club that meets his ambitions. The fact it's a stone's throw from home is just a massive bonus. 

As for the China thing; ironically I think you could use everything you've said there to actually prove the exact thing you're trying to dispute. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Unless I've read it wrong, you were doubting his motivation to find jobs based on easy access to his family, on account of him moving to China in 2019. I'm saying that, after everything that has transpired since then, that motivation may have only just emerged.

Not that I'm really sure what the wider argument is here. He's gone to Everton and is therefore disloyal/a mercenary/isn't as grounded in certain principles as we perhaps thought? I don't see any evidence of that personally. I see a man affected by circumstance who's ready to manage a PL club that meets his ambitions. 

As for the China thing; ironically I think you could use everything you've said there to actually prove the exact thing you're trying to dispute. 

I was talking about the fact he took the NUFC job as he wanted to remain closer to his family and his next job was halfway across the world.

The pandemic came after that, the reported motivation to being close to home was when he joined us.

5 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Some boy Rafa like, he doesn't give a shit what the outside world think.

Can't help but admire the man's guts. My goodness!

Really unfortunate he won't be coming back but still wish him well.

Happy at how much this is going to annoy Keys and Gray too ;D

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I was talking about the fact he took the NUFC job as he wanted to remain closer to his family and his next job was halfway across the world.

The pandemic came after that, the reported motivation to being close to home was when he joined us.

Oh right. I can't recall hearing that before but don't deny it was rumoured. He was clearly a nutter for wanting to come here but I didn't hold it against him. The hopelessness of the situation under Ashley hadn't been proven beyond all doubt at that point. 

Got to thank him for an oasis of “normality”for 2 years in an era of absolute dogshittery under Mike Ashley. What an odious cunt he really is. 

He’ll pull trees up at Everton. I’m jealous as fuck. 

Closer to home, a top wage, a big budget to go and win something. It was an easy decision to make.

But that’s it now. It’s done. Time to detach and move on.

This is basically your wife/girlfriend whoever, someone you’re into, and they leave you to go off with these two for a 12 month orgy

4a5d098b89855f598d7b51058c18ec25.jpg?v=1

Just imagine it. Now would ever go near her again knowing what she had done?

That’s Rafa at Everton.

3 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Closer to home, a top wage, a big budget to go and win something. It was an easy decision to make.

This is basically your wife/girlfriend whoever, someone you’re into, and they leave you to go off with these two for a 12 month orgy

That’s Rafa at Everton.

[emoji38]

Just now, Joey Linton said:

It's still too raw for him to talk about. :embarrassed:

No, I think he just didn’t enjoy the experience of working under Ashley and doesn’t see his time here as memorable. I know he still thinks the world of the support, but imho he will think it was three and a half wasted years. 

10 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

That’s Rafa at Everton.

These blokes don't have a dentist in their area or something?:mackems:

Anyways, December for us to visit Goodison and February for his SJP return. Reckon he'll still be there for the games but doubt Bruce will even make it to December. Don't even want to imagine Bruce beating these on their off day again.

Guest neesy111
9 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Nuno going to spurs sounds to me like he won't get control over transfers, make sense why noone else wanted it

2 year contract doesn't inspire confidence as well.  Think he's there to hold the fort.