The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Apart from when they sacked Mourinho and ended up with Nuno in the first place after ten other managers had turned them down ?

I've got no idea who they spoke to, who turned them down and for what reason tbh. I think he's realised within 10 league games that he's appointed the wrong bloke and he's going to act to try and correct it imo. 

Just because I think he's ruthless and thinking ahead doesn't mean he always gets it right :thup:

6 minutes ago, midds said:

I've got no idea who they spoke to, who turned them down and for what reason tbh. I think he's realised within 10 league games that he's appointed the wrong bloke and he's going to act to try and correct it imo. 

Just because I think he's ruthless and thinking ahead doesn't mean he always gets it right :thup:

I wasn’t having a go I just think he used to be as you described however seen the whole poch ending he hasn’t got a clue what to do 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I wasn’t having a go I just think he used to be as you described however seen the whole poch ending he hasn’t got a clue what to do 

Yeah, I know mate and I'd agree, he has slipped a bit and made a few mistakes over the last couple of years. He was particularly good in the market at buying and selling players for good fees. I've no idea what goes on in the inside of Spurs but binning, rather than backing, Poch was a sliding doors moment for them. 

Bewildering that such an experienced manager like Steve Bruce is not mentioned or linked to jobs like the Spurs or Man Utd one one yet some Dutch or Italian guy is apparently coveted by these clubs. Absolute pity and feel for Bruce. He deserves so much respect for his efforts in English football in the last 100 yeara.  Sad that forrins are greatly admired ahead of him.

NOT!!! ENJOY THE DUBAI SuNBURN YOU FAT CUNT! HOPE YOUR KEBAB IS FILLED WITH SAND!

I can see them going for Graham Potter this time. He’d be mad to leave his job though at this stage. Brighton are going to have a better season than us or Spurs can dream of. It all comes down to stability and harmony from up above. It’s why I think we’ll be alright in the end. Instilling a healthy work culture etc.. it trickles down.

Any manager taking the Spurs job right now are on a hiding to nothing, club massively in debt, a basket case chairman, star players who don’t want to be there.

Fixing our problems is more straight forward in my opinion.

It all falls apart if Kane doesnt regain form doesn't it? All of a sudden unlikely to be getting £100m. Still at least there are some players who can play decently there, a good coach could make them solid and decent again and they should be able to bring players in. I think Levy's reputation as ruthless might be playing against him mind, managers who want a project see he sacked pochettino, they won't be given time.  He ultimately wants a manager who can get quick results last a season or two and then when slight dip replace. 

They could still fetch a pretty penny for Kane imo. Someone with money would be willing to fork it over with the thinking that he just needs a change of scenery, which isn’t a bad assumption tbh.

5 hours ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

10 games is just a ridiculously short time to give a manager especially when he has won 5 of the 10 matches! The reaction to him by Spurs fans yesterday was more vitriolic than anything we ever did to Bruce but I dont see any uproar, so damn annoying how we are portrayed as deluded and ungrateful 

Also goes to highlight how pathetic our support is, unable to muster any great disapproval towards Bruce in two and a half years, in comparison to Spurs’ after 10 games.

Levy should be getting absolute pelters from supporters, press press pundits. If anyone needs to go it's him. Absolute debacle and laughable sacking nuno so soon if true.

Doubt he gets anything but praise for being proactive and protecting elite sacred club spurs.

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Levy should be getting absolute pelters from supporters, press press pundits. If anyone needs to go it's him. Absolute debacle and laughable sacking nuno so soon if true.

Doubt he gets anything but praise for being proactive and protecting elite sacred club spurs.

Their supporters trust sent him 13 questions to ask the other week and he just said no

7 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Also goes to highlight how pathetic our support is, unable to muster any great disapproval towards Bruce in two and a half years, in comparison to Spurs’ after 10 games.

14 years us 

10 games Spurs 

apathy has well and truly set in for us by the time Bruce arrived.

32 minutes ago, Ben said:

Their supporters trust sent him 13 questions to ask the other week and he just said no

To be fair, we asked our supporters trust one simple question and @Greg obviously still hasn’t finished work to answer it, after three weeks.

Had loads of time to chat with Caulkin though, strangely.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

Spurs should get Sherwood in til the end of the season. Likes attacking, English, wears a gilet so clearly he's clever, and crucially above all else he knows the club.

Edited by Pilko

6 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Spurs should get Sherwood in til the end of the season. Likes attacking, English, wears a gilet so clearly he's clever, and crucially above all else he knows the club.

Given the respect and high esteem he’s held in by the current manager of their London neighbours, Spurs could do a lot worse than get in that elite English manager of the last 100 years…