The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Watford’s owners are crazy bastards but they’re making these decisions based on ambition, no? 

I find it slightly hard as an NUFC fan to criticise owners who want to progress and do better year on year. They may seem to be strange decisions, but they’re demanding an improving team.

If that’s not the case and they do it for dodgy deals, that’s totally different - can’t say I’ve read up much on it.

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

I’d love the watford job tbh, you don’t have to work very long, get a massive pay off, never there long enough to get much stick, still get jobs after. Ideal iyam

Let's apply, like.

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

Poch gone tonight 

Surely thats not going to be the case, they've won every game this season bar 1 this season until now, and beat Man City mid-week .

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

It’s the goat job. You’re never there long enough to get and real abuse. No one expects you to win anything. Cash in, essentially.

Submit the CV and put my name in the margins. Let's get paid, Doon.

11 hours ago, ManDoon said:

I’d love the watford job tbh, you don’t have to work very long, get a massive pay off, never there long enough to get much stick, still get jobs after. Ideal iyam

Ok Brewcie 

19 hours ago, Amir_9 said:

7 points from their first 7 games for a newly promoted club is more than acceptable. They probably have identified someone they think would do a better job more so than that sacked fella's shortcomings.

Not surprised from the club that had 3 managers in one season and still went down.

It's a sign of an ownership that isn't happy to let things drift, absolute opposite of Ashley so fair play in some ways. Although I'm not sure Ranieri would make things any better so their judgement might be in question. No problem with paying off shite managers though, wish we had that attitude. 

Both Watford and us are dysfunctional and I don't know why any manager with an ounce of self respect would take either job, atm.  you could say Watford are striving to be better but what about establishing some continuity?  What manager can come in and get the respect of his players when everyone knows that, on a whim, he'll be gone?

Two different types of madness, IMO.

Guest HTT II
8 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

Both Watford and us are dysfunctional and I don't know why any manager with an ounce of self respect would take either job, atm.  you could say Watford are striving to be better but what about establishing some continuity?  What manager can come in and get the respect of his players when everyone knows that, on a whim, he'll be gone?

Two different types of madness, IMO.

The difference is one lot seem to know what they are doing, the other don’t, have a guess who the other is…

The Watford model has worked for them though. Playoff finishes and several consecutive years in the PL. Night and day when you compare where they were at in the years before the Pozzo family arrived.

Ranieri seems to start well before the wheels come off. May as well get him in, they've not looked great so far and was Munoz going to improve? Doubtful.

I think plenty of managers are still tempted by it. Marco Silva got the Everton job off the back of a good 6 months there. It's not too much of a blemish on the CV getting sacked there because they sack everyone anyway, no doubt there's a handy enough pay off to go with it too.

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Ranieri did a stinking job at Fulham. Seems a bit of a risky choice. 

Can you do a stinking job in 3 months? Barely time to change the name plate on his office door.

Guest neesy111

He's been pretty poor everywhere since Leicester hasn't he?  

He was awful at Fulham, did worse than the manager they sacked.

Edited by neesy111

Guest HTT II

Likeable guy, decent enough manager, but past his sell by date, so happy he won the PL with Leicester though and of course, I’d take him here in a heartbeat, mind I’d take Kinnear back over Bruce.

2 hours ago, neesy111 said:

He's been pretty poor everywhere since Leicester hasn't he?  

He was awful at Fulham, did worse than the manager they sacked.

Think the few jobs before Leicester were poor too? Lost some easy games as Greece manager to minnows.

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think the few jobs before Leicester were poor too? Lost some easy games as Greece manager to minnows.

They are a good team to be fair!