The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Conte would have been their best bet, I just think the club has that rotten feel about it like us under Ashley. Not sure anyone’s going to dramatically turn things around there but I reckon Zidane would be a total disaster 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Carrick and Fletcher to take over until a new manager is appointed. 

That's a touch worrying in itself. Ole never lost the dressing room. Carrick and Fletcher will just be more of the same. 

I would say the Glazers are desperately throwing money at Zidane, who I'm not convinced about either. 

[emoji38]

9 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

I'd think that Man Utd would get ten Hag if they wanted him. Much more tempting than us.

He is the dream appointment at the moment but I can't see it. 

Van der Sar and him coming in would be amazing. 

4 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

[emoji38]

Not sure what's funny. I have no doubt you will claim to remember every detail of the Mourinho era but the feeling is completely different. He can't get them performing, but the players have constantly come out saying they need to take the blame and not just the manager. It's just not working. 

2 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Guess he'll go back to Molde in some capacity now.

He'll never get a job in a top European league ever again. Truly one of the worst managers out there.

The worst managers out there don't get to cup finals and finish runner up in the league. 

He's not elite, but he'll have plenty of offers from top division clubs. 

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

The worst managers out there don't get to cup finals and finish runner up in the league. 

He's not elite, but he'll have plenty of offers from top division clubs. 

They got to finals in spite of him, not because of him.

It's not like getting to a Europa League final is impressive after getting knocked out of the CL, especially with that squad.

He's shit and I'll be amazed if he ever manages a good club again.

6 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

He's shit and I'll be amazed if he ever manages a good club again.

Obviously depends on the definition of good club but he'll absolutely get jobs in the top division of European leagues as you mentioned. 

I am actually amazed yesterday that he started Matic. He'll be managing in Northern Ireland soon if he continues with those sort of decisions. 

Just now, joeyt said:

Give it Brucey til end of season

Second that. Club legend, knows the club, vast experience with 1000 games under his belt. Media darling so will benefit Man U too 

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Sol Campbell suggested just that - I genuinely thought it was too lunatic to even mention, but apparently not.

That's why I was keen for a "Get Keano In" campaign to start, because surely that's too far :lol:

5 minutes ago, joeyt said:

We will definitely go down if he gets the gig as they will lose to all our rivals at the bottom easily.