The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

1 hour ago, Beth said:

Lets be honest, Conte was never going to come to us was he? Spurs are at least three years ahead of us in terms of squad/infrastructure etc.

Debatable...they're making decisions on the hope of staying near the top of the table, but as we well know a wrong decision at a key point can easily send you down the table quickly. 

18 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Man United fans must be seething at Spurs rocking up and getting Conte, while Ole stayed after getting thumped by 5 at home to their huge rivals :lol:

What's remarkable about Ole at the wheel is the amount of times he takes a wrong turn, the bloke finds a shortcut back to the M1. (Come back against Atalanta, Spurs win)

1 minute ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

The spurs fans seem to think that conte can improve their once paced squad of mediocrities without spending money, but also they secretly have loads of money and top class players want to go to spurs. They are us in 2005. 

He will improve them massively without a massive spend, give him top money and he will deliver, he’s of that calibre. I mean In Kane and Son they have two of the best in the world up front and if he can get a tune out of Ali he’s not too shabby when on form either, that’s 3 world/top-class players.

27 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He will improve them massively without a massive spend, give him top money and he will deliver, he’s of that calibre. I mean In Kane and Son they have two of the best in the world up front and if he can get a tune out of Ali he’s not too shabby when on form either, that’s 3 world/top-class players.

I don’t think they could get a better manager than conte, but I have seen a lot of spurs and they are 200m away from top 4 minimum. Conte will be looking at spurs and thinking there are players here I wanted for years, but just like mourinho he will get started and quickly realise that they aren’t as good as he thought and levy will slow walk his maniac spending. They are the 7th or 8th best squad in the league and miles behind the likes of West Ham, never mind city, Chelsea and Liverpool. It will require serious money to do anything with them, I reckon this is going to go exactly the same as mourinho. 

Just now, Billy Pilgrim said:

I don’t think they could get a better manager than conte, but I have seen a lot of spurs and they are 200m away from top 4 minimum. Conte will be looking at spurs and thinking there are players here I wanted for years, but just like mourinho he will get started and quickly realise that they aren’t as good as he thought and levy will slow walk his maniac spending. They are the 7th or 8th best squad in the league and miles behind the likes of West Ham, never mind city, Chelsea and Liverpool. It will require serious money to do anything with them, I reckon this is going to go exactly the same as mourinho. 

I disagree, again in Kane and Son they arguably have the best attackers in the league up front outside of Liverpool and also have a lot of talent throughout their squad which hasn’t been utilised or given the right conditions to excel. They also have a very promising youth system. Conte and some money and they will be looking at the top 4 again easily. I do hope you’re right mind!

33 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

No surprise with Nuno really. I thought his last season with Wolves he was sackable and living on his previous success

Players loved him, wasn't Jimenez fucked? They sent Jota to Liverpool, who was almost more essential to their attack than Jimenez.