The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

10 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Remember you going to shit when Grealish was out injured last season, is this just an extension of that, despite replacing him fairly well? 

Yes, basically, Dean can't do it without Grealish. That's what it boils down to.

John Percy in the Telegraph, who is basically Christian Purslow's (CEO) mouthpiece and literally never wrong on Villa stuff has said tonight he's in big trouble.

I hope we don't replace him with another 'project' manager, though, a Gerrard style appointment.

1 hour ago, brummie said:

Yes, basically, Dean can't do it without Grealish. That's what it boils down to.

John Percy in the Telegraph, who is basically Christian Purslow's (CEO) mouthpiece and literally never wrong on Villa stuff has said tonight he's in big trouble.

I hope we don't replace him with another 'project' manager, though, a Gerrard style appointment.

Who would you want? 

Do feel Smith should be allowed a shit season after doing so well last time out. From unfairly surviving to riding high in the table I think their level is somewhere in between and that's where they'll end up if they stick with.

It was the board who sold Grealish not Smith so they are responsible for the sudden decline. On paper it seemed they spent the money well and maybe in time it'll come together, it's a club still coming to terms of selling their favorite son. That can cast a shadow for a while, it did for us and Carroll. I don't think they'll get much better so they would be sacking him just to freshen it up which may work short term but med / long term they'll end back at this position again. Maybe the board should do the unimaginable and back their man for everything he's done for them so far whilst acknowledging all parties can do better. 

This is what I worry with us about Howe. A little bit of trouble and we sack him thinking were better than we are. Mind you can't argue with fans about their own club so my opinion is probably worth naught if the majority have turned and had enough. Again though, thoughts will be clouded on Grealish leaving and it's left a strange mood in the club and that won't shake by changing manager.

We saw it with Chelsea after their transfer ban - it's quite difficult to phase in lots of new attacking players at once, even if they look like great signings on paper. So I feel a bit sorry for Dean Smith but it's a results business and Villa have spent a fair bit of money now. 

11 hours ago, brummie said:

Do you not think Terry would get the job?

3 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

I still laugh that Solskjaer was ever appointed :lol: 

And then kept on for numerous years! Insane... I don't think it'll ever not be.

Give it a few years and he'll be managing in League One or back in Norway.

Not a single bit of criticism for him in the ground either. :lol: 

I just hope they keep him.

3 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

I still laugh that Solskjaer was ever appointed :lol: 

And then kept on for numerous years! Insane... I don't think it'll ever not be.

Give it a few years and he'll be managing in League One or back in Norway.

League One. ;D As funny as that would be he'll definitely get a couple of gigs in the PL off the back of managing Man Utd.