The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Hodgson is favourite at the moment. Would be a great appointment until the end of the season.

Sure it’ll be some wild left field appointment though.

Pozzo: “Find me someone in his late 50s who managed a promotion from the Segunda 10 years ago, 18 months battling relegation from Serie A and ten forgettable months coaching a smaller nation in sub-Saharan Africa”

From the Athletic re Watford;

Flores told The Athletic after his dismissal two seasons ago that he felt undermined by the scrutiny to which he was subjected at the training ground... he mentioned “someone taking notes while the coach is training...it’s not normal ... I have more than 500 matches as a coach, so how can he analyse me?”

There's surely only one manager who could give that training ground spy complete writer's block.

Come in, Mr Steve "blank page" Bruce.

2 hours ago, PeepShow4life said:

Watford job sounds great, few months work then get a nice pay off.

I imagine the contracts the managers are put on a massively performance based - stay up, top half, probably down to being paid £X to individual league placing - and the contracts being nicely weighted with clauses for Pozo that he can get rid at a moments notice.

Not surprising it's the way he does business from his experience owning in Italy, and culture, ability and rate managers come and go at clubs below top tier. 

For this reason, it's why no top level manager in Europe will look at Watford - the way they do business just removes them from the market of a manager that would actually be good for them. There isn't ever going to be a guaranteed £Xmillion worth of contract on offer regardless of being sacked.

Edited by Clockwork Cheese