The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Finished above us last year without spending £40million :iamatwat:

And...? Not quite sure what your point is here.

Only 3 points behind us :iamatwat:

So you're point is they are only 3 points behind us when i haven't even mentioned us in any post  :undecided:

Hughton has spent money but they are still one of the weaker squads in the premier. I'm not sure a new manager is going to make any difference there.

I think he'll have these in a relegation fight imo, and i'm not sure he'll survive it. The league is stronger this year and although they've improved personnel, i haven't seen any improvement in their performances to date. Struggle to score goals, even with RVW up front.

Over reliant on crosses are Norwich

Their crossing is really pretty good quality from the games I've seen, their problem is they don't have players to attack them.

Every time they go forward - they'll cross it. Nothing creative from the middle. No link-up man either. Needed a #10 as much as a striker.

Their crossing is really pretty good quality from the games I've seen, their problem is they don't have players to attack them.

Every time they go forward - they'll cross it. Nothing creative from the middle. No link-up man either. Needed a #10 as much as a striker.

How much of that is down to Hughton though? Football managers can rarely dictate which players they are buying these days, I would imagine when they were buying a forward it was a case of buy a number 9 or a number 10. You can't have both.

How much of that is down to Hughton though? Football managers can rarely dictate which players they are buying these days, I would imagine when they were buying a forward it was a case of buy a number 9 or a number 10. You can't have both.

He bought 3 strikers tbf.

He bought 3 strikers tbf.

Which 3? Wolfswinkel was one, I haven't seen much else.

If Hughton doesn't pick things up, he'll be soon be gone with the amount of money he's spent.

Aye.  Arsenal, Man U and Man City are 3 of their next 4.

Soz Chris.  You're done for.

:snod:

Nice bloke, but not a PL manager imo. He's done well to carve a managerial career for himself but think he's hit his heights with Norwich, think he'll step down a level once he goes from this.

:lol: :lol: Unbelievable.

If Hughton doesn't pick things up, he'll be soon be gone with the amount of money he's spent.

Aye.  Arsenal, Man U and Man City are 3 of their next 4.

Soz Chris.  You're done for.

:snod:

Nice bloke, but not a PL manager imo. He's done well to carve a managerial career for himself but think he's hit his heights with Norwich, think he'll step down a level once he goes from this.

:lol: :lol: Unbelievable.

You think he's good enough?  :dontknow:

I just find it proper hilarious you commenting on any manager not being good enough for their side.

Just think Norwich have a wise board and could appointment a manager who could take them to another level. Lambert done well, but felt the Hughton appointment was a bit of a let down for them as i don't think he's capable of taking them to the next level and fancy them to struggle this season. Obviously others might like CH and think it's best Norwich will get, i don't know. Personally just think they should take a gamble and get rid of him, similar to what Southampton did with Adkins.

Hooper and Elmander

Hooper's been out injured hasn't he? So he might give them a boost when he's starting regularly.

Just been playing second fiddle to RVW. Think he's been fit majority of season.

Nur how.

'Nur how' what? How has he been fit? Or how has he been bench warming?

He's been injured, think he made his debut last weekend from the bench

He hasn't, seen him score in the league cup, and he’s regularly been on the bench this season, not sure how many times he's come off it like, but he has been fit. Ch just has preferred RVW and Elmander ahead of him.

Just to back up my previously posted opinion with reasons - Upcoming fixtures(these are legal now, right?) four teams on 7 points and Palace on 3.

15. Swansea next 5: Sunderland(h), West Ham(h), Cardiff(a), Stoke(h), Fulham(a)

16. Stoke next 5: West Brom(h), Manchester United(a), Southampton(h), Swansea(a), Sunderland(h)

17. Fulham next 5: Crystal Palace(a), Southampton(a), Manchester United(h), Liverpool(a), Swansea(h)

18. Norwich next 5 : Arsenal(a), Cardiff(h), Manchester City(a), West Ham(h), Newcastle United(a)

19. Crystal Palace next 5: Fulham(h), Arsenal(h), West Brom(a), Everton(h), Hull(a)

Can't see Norwich and Palace improving their position too much. Swansea has the objectively easiest set of fixtures to get points and pull away. Stoke has some tricky ones and could swap place with Fulham. Fulham themselves have a tough run in but Norwich's is worse and I can't see them escaping 18th, nor Palace 19th. 

I have a weird feeling Jol is safe as long as he puts a little more daylight between 17th and 18th. I think it will be increased pressure on Hughton, Hughes and Holloway.