The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Must be the end of his career basically. Probably a noble move, but admitting you can't hack it won't go down well.

Steve Coppell must have done this about 5 times and he had no bother continuing to get work. There'll be a job in the Championship for Holloway if he wants it, great manager at that level and can do wonders with a small budget.

I forgot to say Good Riddance to the odius f***ing charlatan. He can rant at himself in the bathroom mirror now.

No laughing matter, man. That'll probably manifest itself in some form of domestic violence. :(

Does he actually have form for that?

I know his wife had cancer and his kids are deaf and he was apparently very supportive of his wife and used to travel stupid distances so he could see his children everyday and help them through their schooling (apparently poor provision for deaf kids in Somerset).

Never quite understood the Holloway dislike.  He seems like a decent bloke and I think he is underrated as a manager.  As others have pointed out, almost no point taking an unfancied team up into the Premier League as your reputation suffers unfairly.  It was an amazing achievement to get Blackpool and Palace up and remarkable that he even got Blackpool close to staying up.

Never quite understood the Holloway dislike.  He seems like a decent bloke and I think he is underrated as a manager.  As others have pointed out, almost no point taking an unfancied team up into the Premier League as your reputation suffers unfairly.  It was an amazing achievement to get Blackpool and Palace up and remarkable that he even got Blackpool close to staying up.

:thup: While playing attractive football.

He's pretty much admitted that he's made some big mistakes since he got Palace promoted. He's very unfortunate in that 2 of his very best players that helped get them promoted, the ones which had the best chance of making the step-up got sold/permacrocked. So he bought too many players (of questionable quality) to take their place. Thus not really strengthening enough in other areas. This also destroyed the group strength/attitude that brought them up.

However, I#m not sure Pulis is the right man for the job. Crystal Palace are known for developing decent youngsters. Mostly attacking players: Wright, Moses, Zaha, Routledge, Clyne, Bolassie. They continually bring them through. Can't see Pulis developing the next batch.

Not sure it's the players quality he's questioning more the character and personality of the players he's brought it. I wouldn't think the continental scouting system at Palace is up to much so most of the european players they've brought in may have been on the advise of agents etc.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Fairplay to him for resigning but he  made the same mistakes twice with 2 different promoted teams. He didn't have the ruthlessness like SAF to get rid of the dross in summer and recruit some solid midtable PL players who can keep them up. Just compare his signings to Brucie's and you'll get the idea

Next in line McKay, Hughton and Jol

Not sure it's the players quality he's questioning more the character and personality of the players he's brought it. I wouldn't think the continental scouting system at Palace is up to much so most of the european players they've brought in may have been on the advise of agents etc.

It's both. You would take 11 Tevez's at Newcastle. There isn't the jump in quality to compensate for the loss of team spirit for Palace.

Fairplay to him for resigning but he  made the same mistakes twice with 2 different promoted teams. He didn't have the ruthlessness like SAF to get rid of the dross in summer and recruit some solid midtable PL players who can keep them up. Just compare his signings to Brucie's and you'll get the idea

Next in line McKay, Hughton and Jol

That's not what happened. In fact it's the opposite. Brought too many in (without a significant jump in quality) and destroyed the team spirit as a result.

I forgot to say Good Riddance to the odius f***ing charlatan. He can rant at himself in the bathroom mirror now.

:thup: the man is a monumental c***. That "wacky" facade is extremely irritating and basically a veneer for the prick underneath

His family life doesn't suggest he is a monumental cunt or a prick. Comes across as one of the more human managers, shame he got turned into a sideshow.

Jol & Hughton are fighting for their roles. Mackay is a sitting duck.

I don't get this, they are out of the relegation spots (just), and they have had a couple of decent results against top teams. So far he is doing everything asked of him, and thats keep Cardiff up. The guy will have huge amount of respect as he was the one who got them up when other managers have tried and failed.

I don't see how he can currently be under enough pressure to give him the sack.

I don't get this, they are out of the relegation spots (just), and they have had a couple of decent results against top teams. So far he is doing everything asked of him, and thats keep Cardiff up. The guy will have huge amount of respect as he was the one who got them up when other managers have tried and failed.

They have a nutcase owner who has undermined him ridiculously. He could quit and sue them for constructive whatsitcalled and win easily imo.

:thup: the man is a monumental c***. That "wacky" facade is extremely irritating and basically a veneer for the prick underneath

His family life doesn't suggest he is a monumental c*** or a prick. Comes across as one of the more human managers, shame he got turned into a sideshow.

Plymouth fans might tell you differently in regards to him as a person .JT won dad of the year. Not sure what his family has to do with anything tbf

His leaving of Plymouth was a typical part of modern football. He went on record later to say that how he acted in leaving Plymouth was not good enough.

:lol: John Terry winner of a ketchup poll beating previous incumbent Peter Andre...

The fact that when he was manager at QPR he made a 250 mile commute so that his children could attend a deaf school in Bristol isn't relevant. Fair enough.

Just not sure what your sauce is for calling him a monumental cunt or a prick.

They have a nutcase owner who has undermined him ridiculously. He could quit and sue them for constructive whatsitcalled and win easily imo.

ridiculous the way he's been treated, surprised he hasn't walked to begin with, there's certainly enough reasons for him to walk without anyone even Cardiff fans holding it against him.

I'll never understand the motives of nutcase owners, Ashley sure he's a cunt but a predictable one and everyone knows his reasons; to save money but the likes of the Cardiff owner (who apparently also has been trying to make tactical suggestions to Makay during games) and randomly change the colours of the clubs home shirt which has been in place in one shade or another from what I can make out for over 100 years because of the whims of a madman?

29 Premier League managers have either retired, been sacked, or resigned, since we appointed Pardew. :lol:

Blackburn Rovers Sam Allardyce Sacked 13 December 2010

Liverpool Roy Hodgson Sacked 8 January 2011

West Bromwich Albion Roberto Di Matteo Sacked 6 February 2011

West Ham United Avram Grant Sacked 15 May 2011

Chelsea Carlo Ancelotti Sacked 22 May 2011

Aston Villa Gérard Houllier Resigned on grounds of ill health 1 June 2011

Fulham Mark Hughes Resigned 2 June 2011

Sunderland Steve Bruce Sacked 30 November 2011

Queens Park Rangers Neil Warnock 8 January 2012

Wolverhampton Wanderers Mick McCarthy 13 February 2012

Chelsea André Villas-Boas 4 March 2012

West Bromwich Albion Roy Hodgson Signed by England 13 May 2012