The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Jol's always seemed like a complete journeyman manager to me. He's won the Dutch Cup once with Ajax and that's it, isn't it? Even Schteve pipped him to the Eredivisie title.

Seems a good bloke, though.

Guest Howaythetoon

Jol's always seemed like a complete journeyman manager to me. He's won the Dutch Cup once with Ajax and that's it, isn't it? Even Schteve pipped him to the Eredivisie title.

You can't deny his part on the rise of Spurs, he took them from mid-table to top 6 which was a huge step for them. He's a good manager and coach but he needs the right club or project I suppose. I'd have him here over Pardew for example but then I'd have most over Pardew.

You can't deny his part on the rise of Spurs, he took them from mid-table to top 6 which was a huge step for them. He's a good manager and coach but he needs the right club or project I suppose. I'd have him here over Pardew for example but then I'd have most over Pardew.

Ironic that your very first sentence could also describe Newcastle & Pardew. ;)

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd say Hughton played a bigger role in our rise...

If anything under Pardew we haven't risen at all, we have stood still almost.

I love Hughton but no idea where you get that from. A lot of the key players in Hughton's team (Barton, Nolan, Carroll, could even include Routledge as he was immense for us when we got promoted etc..) weren't here when we finished 5th.

Hughton got us promoted and shouldn't have been sacked when he was but seriously?

The signings we make have nowt to do with the manager so it's more a case of wondering whether Hughton would have done better/worse with the improved players that came in.  Not sure personally, Hughton's starting to look very average indeed with Norwich but did a great job for us.

Guest Howaythetoon

I love Hughton but no idea where you get that from. A lot of the key players in Hughton's team (Barton, Nolan, Carroll, could even include Routledge as he was immense for us when we got promoted etc..) weren't here when we finished 5th.

Hughton got us promoted and shouldn't have been sacked when he was but seriously?

Eh?! He took us up, consolidated us. Therefore he has played a big role in our rise. Pardew took us to 5th but we haven't actually kicked on, we're pretty much where we were at when he took over, although we currently stand in a great position in the table.

Eh?! He took us up, consolidated us. Therefore he has played a big role in our rise. Pardew took us to 5th but we haven't actually kicked on, we're pretty much where we were at when he took over, although we currently stand in a great position in the table.

Consolidated us? He was here less than half a season as our top flight manager ???

Picked Hughton, MacKay, and Villas Boas. All three would be a mistake IMO.

The next to go will probably be Hughton. I still don't understand why he's in so much trouble. A home loss to Villa aside, I think they've done about as good as can be expected. Can't see them getting much from their next four so he'll be gone.

Still, a loss away to Fulham ought be enough to see AVB off. Here's hoping.