The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

:lol: :anguish: Weirdly obsessed with the abilities of football managers yet doesn't rate the best one in our recent history, who completely transformed our club and had us playing some of the best football in Europe, becoming one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

Cheers, I've seen enough.  Think most have.

Rafa Benitez is the best manager CV wise the club has ever had.

Kevin Keegan isn’t even anywhere near Sir Bobby in managerial CV.

Keegan isn’t on the same planet as Rafa Benitez as a manager the CV of both men tell you that :thup:

Serie A will be interesting next season if Inter get Conte, Milan get Sarri and Juve get Deschamps or someone like that

I mean i like the positivity, but let's be honest Juventus will run through the league as usual.

Aye even trophyless Pochettino would win the Title with Juventus :lol:

How do you think Keegan did at Newcastle?

I think giving my thoughts on Keegan would probably start a petition for me to get banned :lol:

Keegan isn’t my type of manager he wouldn’t be successful at the top level of modern football.

Probably would only be a success in the Championship bit like Eddie Howe.

As much as I love Keegan and will always cherish them years from 92 to 97 part of me blames him for the reason we didn't win the league in 96 due to his total lack of tactical nous and awareness. This was proved at other clubs he managed and England too ive always said that if Bobby had that team and squad of players we would have won the league twice no one would have been able to touch us

Serie A will be interesting next season if Inter get Conte, Milan get Sarri and Juve get Deschamps or someone like that

I mean i like the positivity, but let's be honest Juventus will run through the league as usual.

Aye even trophyless Pochettino would win the Title with Juventus :lol:

How do you think Keegan did at Newcastle?

I think giving my thoughts on Keegan would probably start a petition for me to get banned :lol:

Keegan isn’t my type of manager he wouldn’t be successful at the top level of modern football.

Probably would only be a success in the Championship bit like Eddie Howe.

As much as I love Keegan and will always cherish them years from 92 to 97 part of me blames him for the reason we didn't win the league in 96 due to his total lack of tactical nous and awareness. This was proved at other clubs he managed and England too ive always said that if Bobby had that team and squad of players we would have won the league twice no one would have been able to touch us

:clap:

And everyone else who hasn’t got black and white spectacles says the same.

We should always be grateful for the overall job Kevin Keegan did though one of the best and biggest contributors to our history :thup:

Keegan got us promoted and then had us competing for a Premier League within 2 seasons. Yet "lacked tactical nous". Okay then :lol:

It was proved he did his style was simply you score 3 we will score 4 That year in 96 where Man United ground out 1-0 win after 1-0 win is what fucked us. 1-0 up at Ewood and ended up losing, the Anfield game once we took the lead we should have won. Man united seen games out once they went infront that season because Ferguson was far superior tactically and game management wise

Keegan crumbled under the pressure and it spread to our team

Keegan got us promoted and then had us competing for a Premier League within 2 seasons. Yet "lacked tactical nous". Okay then :lol:

It was proved he did his style was simply you score 3 we will score 4 That year in 96 where Man United ground out 1-0 win after 1-0 win is what fucked us. 1-0 up at Ewood and ended up losing, the Anfield game once we took the lead we should have won. Man united seen games out once they went infront that season because Ferguson was far superior tactically and game management wise

Scored 7 less and conceded 2 more than Man Utd that season, only lost 2 more games than they did.

Scored 7 less and conceded 2 more than Man Utd that season, only lost 2 more games than they did.

Them 2 games were crucial people always say the Anfield game killed us it didn't. The game that fucked us was the Blackburn one for me and also the 3-3 at Maine Rd and the West Ham game at Upton Park where we lost

I've genuinely not met a Newcastle supporter who doesn't fully appreciate what KK did for this football club, twice. In my experience he doesn't divide opinion.

I guess years are going by and there will be supporters who were either too young to remember those times or perhaps weren't even born. I can't imagine people forget though.

Keegan gave me some of the best years of my toon supporting life in the mid 90s.

Anyone who thinks he was anything less than amazing for us probably needs lobotomising

Someone’s hoovered up the trite media narrative eh?

Schmeichel was the difference if you ask me. That’s it.

Edit - also subsequent interviews with Gillespie and Ginola at least iirc said that they were not adversely affected by the ‘love it if we beat you’ stuff and that they loved his passion

Keegan gave me some of the best years of my toon supporting life in the mid 90s.

Anyone who thinks he was anything less than amazing for us probably needs lobotomising

100% Agree. Without any doubt at all - even including the Robson years, KK gave us the best footballing side this country has seen since the new Manchester City. Utter, complete joy to watch. Unbounded pleasure and the biggest smile on my face since I got married. So the team blew it - I wouldn't swap those years for anything. Every-ones favourite second team - that tells a tale. Anyone who doesn't agree either wasn't around in those years or is a Mackem. End of debate.

100% Agree. Without any doubt at all - even including the Robson years, KK gave us the best footballing side this country has seen since the new Manchester City. Utter, complete joy to watch. Unbounded pleasure and the biggest smile on my face since I got married. So the team blew it - I wouldn't swap those years for anything. Every-ones favourite second team - that tells a tale. Anyone who doesn't agree either wasn't around in those years or is a Mackem. End of debate.

Spot on, basically.