The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

5 hours ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

tbf he was hardly a manager swimming in silverware before the move the wolves unless i'm mistaken?  he did a great job there mind, take nothing away from him, but it's not like he was/is a top tier manager

Did a really good job at perennial underachievers Valencia. For me I don’t get why he’d go to Palace though.

2 hours ago, midds said:

Absolutely no axe to grind with them at all, they were brilliant in the mid 80s when I was growing up. I can still reel their XI off from over 30 years ago as an 8 year old. Honest and decent club, probably a toerag element in the fan base but we have too. Worked with a few Evertonians and they've all been sound tbh. 

Have a read of their thread dedicated to us on grandoldteam and you will soon change your mind. They despise us, and their mentality towards NUFC comes across strikingly similar to the mongs on RTG. As far back as I can remember they have had nothing good to say about us, and when we took off in the 90s it really seemed to rattle them, with them referring to us as a "Sky Team". As if we had no history to be proud of pre-1992. I'd love to see them relegated tbh.

4 hours ago, GavMcEl said:

If Everton want him (and why wouldn't they) i think rafa would go in a heart beat, his family are based in Merseyside?, they are a big club, passionate  fan base, owners who would be willing to support/fund his project that he would put in place, and as for the whole liverpool/Everton thing that wouldn't phase him i don't think, its the friendly derby after all never no malice or hatred, I said it upset liverpool fans a lot more when he went to Chelsea, than it would if he went to Everton 

The whole "friendly derby" thing no longer holds true, apparently (if it ever actually did). I did the Anfield tour a few years ago and the lads conducting the tour told us that there is real animosity between the two fanbases these days.

3 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Find it pretty weird to judge any set of fans off a dodgy message board, every set of fans will come across as a right set of freaks. You seen the state of NUFC fans online man :lol:

Imagine having never visited this board before and stepping foot in the takeover thread. Plane spotting, interpreting pictures of bread and arguing over the same ground every few days. Where's that Simpsons meme when you need it...

Edited by The Prophet

Guest neesy111
1 hour ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Find it pretty weird to judge any set of fans off a dodgy message board, every set of fans will come across as a right set of freaks. You seen the state of NUFC fans online man :lol:

This 100%.

3 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Most football fans are freaks man. [emoji38] It's a totally irrational sport to follow.

Also, I've met a few SAFC fans in real life who were sound, and who I eventually found out were posters on RTG. Sure enough, some of their posts were the usual vitriolic shite about NUFC. I didn't hold it against them though as I am rational enough to know that football is not real life. Maybe it's the case that the internet allows people to express their true thoughts without the fear or recriminations? All I can say is that from my experience the vast majority of Evertonians hold NUFC and it's support in utter contempt.

And the grandoldteam forum is hardly a ragtag affair. It's the EFC supporters' main discussion board.

We’ve had this discussion loads and it’s definitely not just message boards. If you’ve paid attention, to any football platform they’ve always been willing to stick the boot in. And come across extremely bitter. They absolutely despise us.

fans of other clubs have picked up on it. If you think the reaction of Villa fans on the day we were relegated was bad, it would have been much worse at Goodson. People on here have always liked Everton and disliked Liverpool, but out the two Liverpool fans have generally had more positive things to say about us.

Edited by Rafalove