The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

2 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Why did he leave Morecambe after winning the playoffs on Monday?

He said today that he was brought in to get them promoted, he fulfilled his objective, his contract ran out and he was free to move on 

The FA should approach Conte to take over the national team after the Euros. His Italy team were very good in Euro 2016. They lost to Germany in penalties. Given the current English talent particularly in fullbacks, I think Conte can help them reach a whole new level.

7 hours ago, rgk_lfc said:

The FA should approach Conte to take over the national team after the Euros. His Italy team were very good in Euro 2016. They lost to Germany in penalties. Given the current English talent particularly in fullbacks, I think Conte can help them reach a whole new level.

Great shout and very sensible - but that goes against the public’s demand for an Engurlish man to lead the Brexit lions to success.

12 hours ago, rgk_lfc said:

He’s far too good to be going into international management at this stage of his career.

11 minutes ago, toon25 said:

He’s far too good to be going into international management at this stage of his career.

I don't think he'd take any international job except Italy again. Strikes me as the sort who'd be quite patriotic in that regard. 

4 hours ago, toon25 said:

100% agreed. But he might be running out of options soon. He is far too volatile and demanding of his players to be accepted at Madrid, Barca, Bayern. Rumours that Madrid players went to Perez when they were linked to Conte. He is way too demanding of the board to be hired at Liverpool, Dortmund, Arsenal, Spurs. I cannot see him working with FSG and transfer committee. I can see him do very well at United or City post Ole and Pep. But there might be a big gap before these jobs become available. Also even with United, I can see him falling out when they fail to close the transfers he wants. 

I agree with @Froggy, I don't think he will take any international job other than Italy. But if he runs of options and is open to it, I think he can work wonders with this England squad. The players are there, the quality is there. He is able to tactically whip them into shape in a short period of time. If he can win the PL with Alonso and Moses at fullbacks, he can do some serious damage at the international level with Walker, James, TAA, Trippier, Shaw, Chilwell and all the attacking talent England have.