The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

14 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Not sure who is thicker there - Ferguson or Everton (if offered).

Well who else are R Madrid going to get to hold up the subs board?

Surely Everton can’t give Ferguson the job man.

As close to replacing Benitez with Bruce that you can get really - although still a long, long way from the same stupidity. 

Ancelotti can't be compared with Rafa tbh. Just a few weeks ago, he was talking about how the rumours of interest from RM were unfounded and he wanted to stay for their new stadium!

Rafa stayed until the end of his contract while various more attractive job offers came along. He spoke about investment into the academy as a priority, about the training ground. Things other clubs seem to take for granted, we have to beg for and still don't get. In 3 years all that was done was a re-painting of the walls, apparently. He had every right to walk away because his contract expired, and traded Ashley's continued disinterest (remember Rafa's 3 years we had a negative £11m net spend) for a project in Dalian - owned by Wanda who have the naming rights for Atleti's ground, and formerly 20% of the club itself. He left us on the back of said broken promises for a 200 million pound training ground, maybe the best in the world. He was hamstrung in China because of the foreign player caps, which meant relying on youth, which explained the poor results as you're limited in that regard. He still had every right to leave us for that. That's ambition from Wanda, and he got a doubled wage in the process.

You can replace managers, but you can't replace the class and ambition Rafa has. Ancelotti I think strung Everton fans along - the day after he left for Madrid he spoke about how Everton's target differed from Madrid's justifying the move "target is to qualify for Europe and a few years ago to remain in the league." It's cold when 24 hours earlier you were their manager! 

Sorry for the essay :lol:

28 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Rafa allegedly open to speaking to Everton.

Seems obvious to me that he would. I just don't see the Liverpool connection being a barrier for him.
Apart from going back to Liverpool, it's the next best thing for him on a personal basis. 

32 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think he’ll go. He’s been away from Liverpool long enough and Everton will be able to give him the project he wants.

TBF its the perfect fit

1 minute ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

How is it, fans will hate him.

Liverpool fans respect him,

He plays Everton style of football

Not exactly a heated derby these days

Money to spend

Project

New training ground Facilities and stadium

The abilty to build the club up

Close to his home

Everton fans strike me as being similar to West Ham. They'll be looking down their noses at Rafa and wanting someone 'progressive' that plays 'the Everton way'.

Their best bet would have been to go for Nuno.

4 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Everton fans strike me as being similar to West Ham. They'll be looking down their noses at Rafa and wanting someone 'progressive' that plays 'the Everton way'.

Their best bet would have been to go for Nuno.

Is the Everton way not Rafa's way ?

Howe's a non-starter for Everton fans, arguably Nuno too but he's favourite for Palace. Appoint those 2 and they're accepting to be mediocre, supposedly. I get the impression they hate Rafa too even if he's happy to speak to them but he's that low on the list they won't try unless they Bruce it and like 10 turn them down! Fonseca and Potter I think they like going off the Twitter hashtag

1 hour ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

How is it, fans will hate him.

I don't think Liverpool fans hate him now, despite having gone to Chelsea.
Chelsea could easily be viewed as a bigger rival to Everton these days.