The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

The sheer bloody mindedness of going for this job.

Rafa's made some odd career choices but as with many top coaches there is such a level of self-belief and will to win that sometimes a job that appears to be a poisoned chalice is exactly the sort of one they take. Nobody feels completely immune to criticism that comes their way but a coach like Rafa has such a thick skin and confidence in himself that taking these jobs (Inter straight after the Mourinho treble, Chelsea, Newcastle under this ownership) doesn't faze him. This is the mentality of a winner even though it appears to every outsider like a misguided move. And maybe it is misguided. Put me in Rafa's position and I wouldn't go anywhere near it. But he's thinking of the potential if he pulls it off. Booing won't bother him. Calls for his head... "eh I've had those before". Criticism of decisions or maybe style of play..."they'll sing when we're winning". 

It could easily blow up in his face. It may spell the end of him in England. But on some level I have to admire the mentality behind it. There's a family tie because he lives there and most probably there are Evertonians, especially those who know him, who have met him over the years he's lived there and with the charity work he's been involved with, who will support him. So it definitely won't be all negative. But even if it was, I still think he'd take it. 

He doesn't chase the safe jobs does he?

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Those twats will hound him out in no time

Rafa will have to hit the ground running if he's to be successful there. He's got the fans on his back from day one and the media never seem to give him any credit for owt. You could guarantee if Rafa is 10 points clear of Bruce by Christmas he'll still get pelters while they tongue bruce's arse

I'd rather he got a job abroad but obviously he really wants to stay in England. This puts a stop to any thoughts about him potentially returning and fans will have to get over him. I wish him well on a personal level, but professionally I hope he fails.

It's hard to get too upset about anything that happens though, ultimately the truth is that we're not involved in anything. We're just a gormless vegetable sat in the corner of the premier league orgy.

Someone on the Everton forum posted Talksport saying Jonjo Shelvey will be their first signing. Surely not? Shelvey hated Rafa. Must be the stupid Jim White spouting that on Talkshit, baiting the Evertonian cunts. Sorry Neil. Not you.

Edited by nufcjb

This would be so unfortunate. Would hate to see him go somewhere he isn't even going to be appreciated. Horrid stuff.

I'm guessing he must have blown the owner away with his ideas for the club as he's always very diligent about such things, and the owner has the willingness and money to make Rafa's plans all a reality.

Oh well ... will be just great seeing Everton become everything we should have. Just bloody fantastic.

Got to admit I'm a bit gutted, but the takeover is far more important than Rafa, would love to have both mind. If it does happen then I wish him the best, just don't think the supporters will ever warm to him.

It's a cracking signing for them. Despite all their spending and Ancelotti I never actually thought Everton would go anywhere, just because they're Everton and I can't remember ever seeing them do anything. Rafa changes things though and gives them a real chance. Spurs are going to look like idiots for not signing him when Fonseca gets sacked in October.

Just now, Mattoon said:

Got to admit I'm a bit gutted, but the takeover is far more important than Rafa, would love to have both mind. If it does happen then I wish him the best, just don't think the supporters will ever warm to him.

It’s not inconceivable that he’ll have a release clause and as soon as a takeover happens, we’ll activate it.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Very sad news. 

Imagine us beating them and Bruce afterwards. :anguish:

If it comes to Bruce still being in charge when we next face them, although I hate Everton, I couldnt bear for us to win, even a draw would see Bruce claiming he was as good as "the mighty" Rafa, ugh!

I get it in terms of his location but he’s been through all this at Chelsea, why put yourself through it again? Judging from Twitter and their forum he’s going to be on the back foot immediately, a bad start and it’ll be very difficult to win them around 

And people have the nerve to call us deluded!! Everton have been in the wilderness for years and they’d rather stay there than appoint a proven winner because of a previous job he succeeded in. Fucking weapons! 

6 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

They deserve Allardyce more than they deserve Rafa

I think they're a shithouse club, like. Their sense of entitlement to the modicum of top flight mediocrity they've become used to is astounding.

Edited by toon25