The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

They're using China to justify him being past it. But in China you had a foreign player cap, and the standard of that league isn't something you can easily shape through tactics - he was heavily reliant on inexperienced youth in his full season so of course results would be poorer. Treat it as a new challenge with absolute ambition from Dalian's owner (250 million worth training ground, 14 pitches). Was a step up honestly for wanting a project. Often 1 goal margin defeats like was the case here in 18/19

9 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

It is another kick in the bollocks like innit.

Crikey, will we ever have anything to be happy about.

Too bloody depressing at the minute.

Only thing left for me now is to see what the result of arbitration is. If as expected, it goes against us, its goodbye NUFC and football from me. Literally cant be arsed with the pile of shit football club ashley has turned us into and cant be arsed to support a club denied the chance to be able to compete again by the premier league. It's completely pointless.

Shite appointment for him and Everton. Doubt it’ll last the season. Just like moving to China, I said it then and I’ll say it again Rafa’s motivations aren’t as clear as he makes out.  No doubt he’ll mention the word ‘project’ but really he means convenience and very good money. I don’t begrudge him that, I’d do the same, just won’t be fooled by what comes next.

The people in here trying to justify the China job as a "project"

:lol: 

he came back cause he missed his family too much right?

This is living proof why you should never get too attached to a player/manager. Loyalty in football doesn't exist.

Edited by Menace

It’s a no-brainer from his point of view. Ambitious owners with deep pockets. He could turn Everton into a decent force.

Hopefully his first purchase is a decent goalkeeper.

Wish him well but it’s sickening. If we do get taken over I think I’d prefer a young-ish  manager with potential to grow with us.

6 minutes ago, Menace said:

The people in here trying to justify the China job as a "project"

:lol: 

he came back cause he missed his family too much right?

This is living proof why you should never get too attached to a player/manager. Loyalty in football doesn't exist.

His family lives in Liverpool, so taking the Everton job is fairly obvious for him from a personal perspective I imagine. 

28 minutes ago, Ashley17 said:

I get it in terms of his location but he’s been through all this at Chelsea, why put yourself through it again? Judging from Twitter and their forum he’s going to be on the back foot immediately, a bad start and it’ll be very difficult to win them around 

Mate of mine whose a big Everton fan isn’t happy and reckons he won’t stand a chance.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

RE takeover stuff, I wouldn’t read too much into Rafa joining another club other than NUFC, I’m pretty sure from what I’ve heard Eddie Howe is the consortium’s first choice and the likes of Conte were ahead of Rafa in their choice anyway! Good look to him either way, such a shame we let such an opportunity of having a world-class manager in the dugout go to absolute waste, sums Ashley, up the cunt!

Would have thought Rafa was up there on the list, but just because Staveley is a big fan due to her Liverpool links, there was no guarantee everyone else in the takeover group was sharing that view. Rafa would have been a good choice, but given the style of football he prefers, a different manager will bring other advantages. I know some don't rate Howe, but I like the way his teams play, and same goes for Conte even if he is a bit precious. 

2 minutes ago, duo said:

Awful those two - if they don't like someone they don't half make it personal. 

Rafa with only his four trophies in the last 8 years is no good for a Tottenham or Everton side that have won nothing in that same time

11 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

I'd be very happy with Howe. 

The plus for the consortium with someone like Howe compared to Rafa is that he would be more open to an overarching structure managing the club and facilities whereas Rafa would be in on every meeting.

Not saying Rafa's approach is wrong in any sense, but you could see why new owners with lofty ambitions would steer away from him.