The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

Surely people can understand why Everton fans don't want Rafa? Even if they're being petulant about it.

Wasn’t this much fuss coz Bruce used to manage Sunderland or the fact he had digs at the club either. 

precious fannies

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Southgate would be mental to take that, especially if we have a decent tournament. 

Absolutely, the World Cup is less than a year away. 

Edit actually it's in the winter isn't it cos stupid, but you know what I mean. 

38 minutes ago, gdm said:

Wasn’t this much fuss coz Bruce used to manage Sunderland or the fact he had digs at the club either. 

precious fannies

And is that more acceptable? Fans of most clubs wouldn't want a manager who was in charge of their fiercest rivals. 

16 minutes ago, Anderson said:

How’s no-one seemingly looking at Galtier? Thought he’d be talked about for all these vacancies after leaving Lille. Not heard a peep.

He's off to Nice, it's why he resigned in the first place.

Spurs are getting through the same stage we did after Rafa left, Brucie was what number 10 on the list after big Sam Mark Hughes etc.Theyll have to come looking at Bruce soon with all the praise he gets from pundits

Edited by astraguy

13 minutes ago, Froggy said:

And is that more acceptable? Fans of most clubs wouldn't want a manager who was in charge of their fiercest rivals. 

true, I do get it. It’s trashing him as a manager and his achievements that baffles me. Back the man and he’s a winner 

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

Surely people can understand why Everton fans don't want Rafa? Even if they're being petulant about it.

Would they not want Klopp too?

It’s just weird. It’s not like Benitez is a born and bred Liverpool fan, he’s just doing his job.

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

true, I do get it. It’s trashing him as a manager and his achievements that baffles me. Back the man and he’s a winner 

It's just the blue tinted glasses though isn't it. Some of them will be fine with it I'm sure but he could be the most successful ever manager and it wouldn't matter to many as he was in charge of Liverpool.

4 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Would they not want Klopp too?

It’s just weird. It’s not like Benitez is a born and bred Liverpool fan, he’s just doing his job.

Klopp is, or at least was, a lot more likeable than Benitez. Probably seen as more in touch with the modern game also. I still think a lot of Everton fans wouldn't be happy if Klopp was appointed, but certainly not to the same extent as Benitez.

23 minutes ago, 54 said:

I'm surprised Howe hasn't been as touted around some of the jobs available. Actually feel he'd be a decent fit at Spurs.

Not worthy of the ‘Big 6’, obviously.’

22 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Not worthy of the ‘Big 6’, obviously.’

Not a fashionable enough name....if he was Höwedes he probably would be considered. (Copyright Sam Allerdici)

Just a symptom of our league...every team wants instant results, so want proven successful managers (us being the exception obviously, and also the massive blindspots some teams have for PFMs...looking at you West Ham/WBA/Crystal Palace), rather than letting younger ones develop to that level. 

Edited by gjohnson
detail

If Levy wants a manager that gives him no hassle, takes all the pressure off , will accept any player put in front of him and will keep them exactly where they are now, he has to look at Bruce.

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

If Levy wants a manager that gives him no hassle, takes all the pressure off , will accept any player put in front of him and will keep them exactly where they are now, he has to look at Bruce.

If Luke or Alex is reading this can I ask you to check with bacon boy that his mobile is fully charged and not on silent?!

Considering how good a job he's done here he should be having to hire a PA to handle all the clubs calling.

Edited by ScottishMagpie

2 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Would you take guardiola if he was available in 12 months time? 

City aren't our fiercest rivals, and I would be torn. As of now I wouldn't want him or Klopp. While they were at Dortmund and Barcelona I'd have desperately wanted them.