The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

3 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Would you take guardiola if he was available in 12 months time? 

Context though isn't it....don't recall Guardiola ever disparaging Man Utd in any notable fashion. Plus objectively he's very good.

We didn't not want Bruce because he was a Sunderland manager. We didn't want him as everyone could see from his entire career that he would be a walking disaster...both from his results and the obviousness of his duplicit nature. Obviously being Sunderland manager didn't help his cause with an element of our fans, but even taking that spell out of his career he was still pretty much completely unwanted.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Klopp is, or at least was, a lot more likeable than Benitez. Probably seen as more in touch with the modern game also. I still think a lot of Everton fans wouldn't be happy if Klopp was appointed, but certainly not to the same extent as Benitez.

Why is he more likeable, he comes across as a spoilt bellend, Rafa doesn't.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Klopp is, or at least was, a lot more likeable than Benitez. Probably seen as more in touch with the modern game also. I still think a lot of Everton fans wouldn't be happy if Klopp was appointed, but certainly not to the same extent as Benitez.

What is being in touch with the modern game mean?

Rafa is as tactical as they come, his style may not be an all out counter pressing style, but footballing philosophies don’t all have to be about attack. 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Benitez is the most likeable man in football ffs :lol:

I feel like a lot of you forget what Benitez was like at Liverpool, which is fine as you only started giving him a ton of attention once he became your manager. Far, far from the nicest man in football. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Kanji said:

What is being in touch with the modern game mean?

Rafa is as tactical as they come, his style may not be an all out counter pressing style, but footballing philosophies don’t all have to be about attack. 

Never said they did. 

Mourinho is as tactical as they come too. 

I don't mind Benitez, I really don't, but we're not seriously going to sit here and pretend he plays attractive football are we? 

He's more than good enough for the job, but it's clear as day why Everton don't want him. 

16 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Far, far from the nicest man in football. :lol:

Can you give any reasons?

Apart from the facts thing, which he was right about, and calling Everton a small cloob (who gives a fuck).

Edited by ToonArmy1892

17 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Can you give any reasons?

Apart from the facts thing, which he was right about, and calling Everton a small cloob (who gives a fuck).

I mean, this whole discussion started because Everton fans don't want him, so I'd say Everton fans give a fuck. :lol:

I understand Everton fans not wanting him due to the small club comment and his Liverpool connections. That forum was full of people claiming he's not good enough for them though, alongside a bucket of casual xenophobia. The nerve of Everton fans to be saying he hasn't won enough trophies in recent years.

The thing is, the reason we despise Bruce has nowt to do with him managing Sunderland.

It's because he's just a shit manager, and disrespects the club, fans and city.

He wouldn't even be hated for being shit, but it's the way he goes on, playing down expectations and treating the club as a joke, his snide childish comments, etc.

He's a fucking big baby.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

I do find it odd how unlike other well established foreign managers his nationality is used so much against him, maybe it's just a hangover from when it was more acceptable but it doesn't ever seem to be a thing when talking about RE: Wenger, Klopp, Mourinho etc. Not like he's from some footballing backwater either. 

I get it for why it's a thing for overt nationalist narrative pushers in the media like TalkSport, The Sun, Telegraph and Heil and for small time knackers like the mackems but for a PL club that isn't Burnley is does seem a bit off.

Same would apply for any club. Everton have more than enough reason to not want him without him being Spanish being an issue. Maybe they're harking back to the days when they used to sing about being an all white team.

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

It doesn't help he called them a small club, etc. He can be quite petulant can Rafa.

Thread count on them graffiti sheets proves him right tbf.

3 hours ago, astraguy said:

Spurs are getting through the same stage we did after Rafa left, Brucie was what number 10 on the list after big Sam Mark Hughes etc.Theyll have to come looking at Bruce soon with all the praise he gets from pundits

It’s never gonna happen. The pundits know he’s shit and they wouldn’t want one of their own favourite clubs to get him.

They are happy for us to have him though because they want to keep us down. 

They (Spurs) seem to have fucked about a couple of managers now.

You’d have to wonder at this point will they start to fuck Spurs about. Start negotiations and then publicly pull out of negotiations etc.. the world and it’s dog knows at this point that they are losing their best players and can’t afford to bring anything in. Who would want that gig apart from the usual charlatan journeymen?

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

Never said they did. 

Mourinho is as tactical as they come too. 

I don't mind Benitez, I really don't, but we're not seriously going to sit here and pretend he plays attractive football are we? 

He's more than good enough for the job, but it's clear as day why Everton don't want him. 

Think that's quite subjective tbh. With us the football wasn't attractive because the players were rubbish. I think when he was at Liverpool the football was attractive enough. Not that attacking, I'll grant you that, but I think you have to be a bit better than Everton to be that picky. 

I can understand the ex-Liverpool objections more, although they are still shite, as he clearly loves Merseyside, and last I heard, Everton was part of it. 

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

Think that's quite subjective tbh. With us the football wasn't attractive because the players were rubbish. I think when he was at Liverpool the football was attractive enough. Not that attacking, I'll grant you that, but I think you have to be a bit better than Everton to be that picky. 

I can understand the ex-Liverpool objections more, although they are still shite, as he clearly loves Merseyside, and last I heard, Everton was part of it. 

Their main issue is, understandably enough, that he ridiculed them and called them a small club. I think if that hadn't happened their opposition to him wouldn't be as massive as it is now.

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

Can see him doing well, then ending up at Rangers when Gerrard moves on

Rumours amongst rangers fans were he got booted out by Gerrard coz he was apparently leaking stories to the press.