The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

They hate Rafa because of the success he had at Liverpool and that made Everton look even worse. Trouble is they think that Liverpool and Everton are two different cities. I am sure that Rafa would have done a lot of good for the area and a lot of the evertonians would have benefited from that. Of course they could never admit it. They obviously want someone who is oozing class and charisma like David Moyes🤭

39 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

Their main issue is, understandably enough, that he ridiculed them and called them a small club. I think if that hadn't happened their opposition to him wouldn't be as massive as it is now.

He's claimed he didn't mean they were a small club, I think by saying he meant small minded - which at the time they were saying themselves about their owner. He's shown that he thinks they are big enough by throwing his hat into the ring for the job.

If they really don't want an ex-Liverpool manager then that's up to them, I'm just saying that the unattractive football tag is debatable. 

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

City aren't our fiercest rivals, and I would be torn. As of now I wouldn't want him or Klopp. While they were at Dortmund and Barcelona I'd have desperately wanted them. 

Incredible :lol: You must be the ideal supporter for the Glazers. Conditioned beyond belief.

2 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Incredible :lol: You must be the ideal supporter for the Glazers. Conditioned beyond belief.

You say conditioned. 

I say I just wouldn't want to get rid of a club legend who has the club moving forward and replace him with a manager of our fiercest rivals. Not at this moment in time at least. 

8 minutes ago, Froggy said:

You say conditioned. 

I say I just wouldn't want to get rid of a club legend who has the club moving forward and replace him with a manager of our fiercest rivals. Not at this moment in time at least. 

You must be on the wind up if you’re genuinely saying you’d rather have OGS than Pep or Klopp.

I find it interesting that Man Utd fans are seemingly happy with OGS. As a fanbase they've been spoiled with trophies over the years, so we all expect them to be like Real Madrid and not accept anything other than 1st place. I get the impression they would rather have one of their own as manager and be a bridesmaid, than go after a top coach that has no connection to the club and really compete for the major trophies. Trophies don't really seem to make fanbases that happy, most fans of top clubs seem as miserable as the rest of us. Perhaps liking the people representing your club and feeling a connection to what is happening is more important to enjoying football than just winning something and then moving on to win the next thing. And as they will have found out with Mourinho in charge, it's awful when you've got a miserable cunt that no one likes in the dugout. #bruceout

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I find it interesting that Man Utd fans are seemingly happy with OGS. As a fanbase they've been spoiled with trophies over the years, so we all expect them to be like Real Madrid and not accept anything other than 1st place. I get the impression they would rather have one of their own as manager and be a bridesmaid, than go after a top coach that has no connection to the club and really compete for the major trophies. Trophies don't really seem to make fanbases that happy, most fans of top clubs seem as miserable as the rest of us. Perhaps liking the people representing your club and feeling a connection to what is happening is more important to enjoying football than just winning something and then moving on to win the next thing. And as they will have found out with Mourinho in charge, it's awful when you've got a miserable cunt that no one likes in the dugout. #bruceout

We were relegated with Rafa, but I was so happy to have him here. Obviously winning trophies is key, but it’s more than about just that or should be, as you’ve hit on, I wouldn’t swap the KK years for one single trophy, league or whatever, it’s about the connect more than the silverware! If Bruce won say a cup here, I’d still regard his time here as miserable compared to say Rafa’s time here. Pardew finished 5th, give me Rafa’s tenth over that for example. 

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

We were relegated with Rafa, but I was so happy to have him here. Obviously winning trophies is key, but it’s more than about just that or should be, as you’ve hit on, I wouldn’t swap the KK years for one single trophy, league or whatever, it’s about the connect more than the silverware! If Bruce won say a cup here, I’d still regard his time here as miserable compared to say Rafa’s time here. Pardew finished 5th, give me Rafa’s tenth over that for example. 

I get that. But Pep and Klopp would deliver trophies and fucking beautiful, succulent, delicious football.

There’s nobody in the world convincing me it’s normal for Man Utd fans to rather have OGS - who plays dreadful football at times and delivers fuck all.

What’s the point in being one of the biggest clubs in the world if you have a ‘happy club’ with a legend in charge, finishing 2nd every season and runner up in every final.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I get that. But Pep and Klopp would deliver trophies and fucking beautiful, succulent, delicious football.

There’s nobody in the world convincing me it’s normal for Man Utd fans to rather have OGS - who plays dreadful football at times and delivers fuck all.

What’s the point in being one of the biggest clubs in the world if you have a ‘happy club’ with a legend in charge, finishing 2nd every season and runner up in every final.

Aye there is obviously that as well, the hope for Man Utd fans would be for Ole to be their Klopp but someone who is their own. I get that! 

Guest HTT II

I don’t think they play dreadful football by the way, if you want to watch some real awful football, watch NUFC…

Just now, HTT II said:

I don’t think they play dreadful football by the way, if you want to watch some real awful football, watch NUFC…

Dreadful football by comparison to the other top five*

I wouldn’t consider NUFC’s style to even be football, tbh.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Dreadful football by comparison to the other top five*

I wouldn’t consider NUFC’s style to even be football, tbh.

Chelsea don’t play beautiful football IMO and Leicester are eye pleasing as much as they are also functional and ‘solid’ and aye NUFC don’t even fucking play football whatsoever, that I agree with 100%!

32 minutes ago, HTT II said:

We had integrity under Rafa, despite never finishing higher than 10th. A smart, non-shithead owner would’ve let Rafa build a club to match that integrity.

I’d kill to have Rafa back here and I’m a little pissed that the likes of Everton would have the audacity turn their nose up at him.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

Relegated because we didn't pick up more points than Sunderland post March 11th. We had 13, they had 14. 13 points gave us the 10th highest actual points in the division from his appointment until the end of the season, if only we gave him more time. 

2 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

Relegated because we didn't pick up more points than Sunderland post March 11th. We had 13, they had 14. 13 points gave us the 10th highest actual points in the division from his appointment until the end of the season, if only we gave him more time. 

McClaren should've gone after we lost 5-1 to a midtable Chelsea in mid February. We had 3 weeks until the next 2 matches; a quick double header of Stoke away and Bournemouth at home. Give Benitez those two games and there's 4 points. We stay up. Even still we'd have been far more solid in the games at Norwich and Southampton instead of the disjointed mess we were as Benitez had next to no time for those.

17 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

McClaren should've gone after we lost 5-1 to a midtable Chelsea in mid February. We had 3 weeks until the next 2 matches; a quick double header of Stoke away and Bournemouth at home. Give Benitez those two games and there's 4 points. We stay up. Even still we'd have been far more solid in the games at Norwich and Southampton instead of the disjointed mess we were as Benitez had next to no time for those.

There couldn't have been more time. Rafa's people approached NUFC and that approach is what led to McClaren being sacked. Without Rafa stating his interest, we'd likely have seen the season out with McClaren.

Just now, Kaizero said:

There couldn't have been more time. Rafa's people approached NUFC and that approach is what led to McClaren being sacked. Without Rafa stating his interest, we'd likely have seen the season out with McClaren.

Either way, McClaren should've gone after Chelsea. Rafa may have approached the club then. But McClaren didn't go after Chelsea as Charnley is a rancid bottling cunt who couldn't admit that he was wrong in finally getting the bloke who he sounded out after Pardew left, wrote off the rest of 2014/15 to wait for him to become available so gave Carver the rest of the season which was a decision which almost sent us down, then when Charnley finally got his man he pretty much took us down anyway. 

5 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

It's quiet again. Wonder if Moshiri's reconsidering on the back of the public reception

I think this may well be happening as from looking like an imminent announcement it’s gone very quiet. We know Ashley doesn’t give a fuck what we think, but most other clubs are very much in mind of the opinion of their support especially when this is very vocally displayed. No better example of this than the English ‘Super League’ outcry. When the vast majority of your fans are against the appointment of the person who is in charge of the team, it’s very hard to ignore. Doesn’t matter that our fans think he’s a good choice. Everton fans simply don’t want him and that has to be making the Everton board having probable second thoughts.

Edit: Could be the sudden silence is that they are just working on the overall package (we know Rafa will certainly be ensuring his requirements and plans for the club are agreed and probably documented in any contract)) which could take a few days. I’m just going off that it is usual nowadays for when the media are reporting that it’s close, that it’s usually the case it’s then announced within the next couple of days (often the same day). The fact the odds have went out (he was 1/12 two days ago), the media have went rather quiet and that the vast majority of Everton fans are so against this; makes me think it’s far from certain. Soon find out mind.

Edited by et tu brute