The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

1 hour ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

No Bruce?

The mind boggles.

It's almost like no one believes the media hype. He might have had a run of 2 in 21 but he's April 2021 manager of the month you know? You don't get much more prestigious than that!

15 hours ago, Kimbo said:

I find it interesting that Man Utd fans are seemingly happy with OGS. As a fanbase they've been spoiled with trophies over the years, so we all expect them to be like Real Madrid and not accept anything other than 1st place. I get the impression they would rather have one of their own as manager and be a bridesmaid, than go after a top coach that has no connection to the club and really compete for the major trophies. Trophies don't really seem to make fanbases that happy, most fans of top clubs seem as miserable as the rest of us. Perhaps liking the people representing your club and feeling a connection to what is happening is more important to enjoying football than just winning something and then moving on to win the next thing. And as they will have found out with Mourinho in charge, it's awful when you've got a miserable cunt that no one likes in the dugout. #bruceout

Hardly surprising when domestic cup competitions, the Europa League and sometimes even the domestic title are treated like pointless trinkets that nobody's really that arsed about.

I hope Everton make a public statement about the negative response helping them decide not to give Benitez the job.

I hope Keys, Gray, and all the fans gloat very publicly, and tell themselves they influenced the decision.

I hope Everton get a huge name instead, like they ‘deserve’.

And I hope Rafa Benitez takes Newcastle above them in the table with home and away wins against them, without speaking out. Just popping his specs in his top pocket after the wins

15 hours ago, Crayola Kid said:

I hope Everton make a public statement about the negative response helping them decide not to give Benitez the job.

I hope Keys, Gray, and all the fans gloat very publicly, and tell themselves they influenced the decision.

I hope Everton get a huge name instead, like they ‘deserve’.

And I hope Rafa Benitez takes Newcastle above them in the table with home and away wins against them, without speaking out. Just popping his specs in his top pocket after the wins

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-benitez-advisers-tell-him-to-reject-everton-and-accept-newcastle-offer-instead/

Well, Rafa should probably consider moving himslef and his family up here if the takeover happens. He'd be really welcomed I'd imagine. Better than those scouse mackems definitely. Saudis could give him all the money he needs to build his own palace that would make Steve Bruce's north west 'mansion'  look like a shitty bouncy castle at a car boot sale.

Didn't his wife or the kids persuade him to take the job the first time around?

Edited by nufcjb

Partly true. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/rafa-benitez-how-champions-league-winning-manager-was-convinced-stay-newcastle-united-a7048451.html

'The streets around Anfield Road were awash with Newcastle fans. It was half past two on Saturday 23 April. There was renewed optimism in those supporters. Newcastle had picked up four points from their previous two games.

In the queues to the turnstiles and inside the stadium, the song of Rafa Benitez, to the tune of La Bamba, was being repeated over and over. Two girls walked through the crowds to get to the main entrance to the main stand of Anfield; Claudia and Agata Benitez.

In a second half fightback, Newcastle would score twice and earn a 2-2 draw. The songs did not stop.

Later that night, back at the family home in the Wirral that Benitez’s family did not leave when he went to either Napoli or Real Madrid, the two girls spoke to their father.

“Dad, you cannot leave these people,” they told him. “They love you. You have to stay.”'

Edited by HaydnNUFC

14 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Partly true. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/rafa-benitez-how-champions-league-winning-manager-was-convinced-stay-newcastle-united-a7048451.html

'The streets around Anfield Road were awash with Newcastle fans. It was half past two on Saturday 23 April. There was renewed optimism in those supporters. Newcastle had picked up four points from their previous two games.

In the queues to the turnstiles and inside the stadium, the song of Rafa Benitez, to the tune of La Bamba, was being repeated over and over. Two girls walked through the crowds to get to the main entrance to the main stand of Anfield; Claudia and Agata Benitez.

In a second half fightback, Newcastle would score twice and earn a 2-2 draw. The songs did not stop.

Later that night, back at the family home in the Wirral that Benitez’s family did not leave when he went to either Napoli or Real Madrid, the two girls spoke to their father.

“Dad, you cannot leave these people,” they told him. “They love you. You have to stay.”'

Brought a tear to my eye.

The phrase "World Class" fits perfectly to this gentleman...

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Talk shite now saying Rafa to Everton is off, apparently.

Well does this mean the takeover is definitely on? It must do if it was definitely off if he had went there. Takeovermatics 

Edited by reefatoon