The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Quite odd really how it’s playing out with Palace, Spurs and Everton. All that instability and indecisiveness will cost them.

Also just goes to show how having a management team that knows what they’re doing is a rare thing in football. Everton in particular are bonkers if they don’t take Rafa, seeming as he’s willing to go.

Can't wait to see at least one of these clubs make a shit panic appointment at the last minute.

Everton I can kind of grasp but the other two have known since near enough Easter that they were making a change, how the fuck haven't they sorted it yet?!

I know Everton fans are using Rafa's "poor" performance in China as an argument not to appoint him. It's interesting that https://footystats.org/china/chinese-super-league/xg for the 2020 season (Rafa's full season) says Dalian had the 2nd best xG (rising from 1.36 to 1.65 per match) in the division, out of 16 teams. The actual output got worse, but from what I can tell the underlying stats got better? xGA fell from 1.54 in 2019 to 1.27 in 2020 too. 

The average squad age in 2019 was 28.8 which was the 2nd highest in the division. In 2020, that fell to 27.3 which was the lowest in the Super League. Even if according to points per match Dalian slipped from 9th (1.27) in 2019 to 13th (0.79) in 2020, I think the data beneath it suggests an improvement hence the board being happy with the transformation over there

Edited by nbthree3

1 hour ago, Pilko said:

Can't wait to see at least one of these clubs make a shit panic appointment at the last minute.

Everton I can kind of grasp but the other two have known since near enough Easter that they were making a change, how the fuck haven't they sorted it yet?!

It’s all coming up :bruce:

2 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

I know Everton fans are using Rafa's "poor" performance in China as an argument not to appoint him. It's interesting that https://footystats.org/china/chinese-super-league/xg for the 2020 season (Rafa's full season) says Dalian had the 2nd best xG (rising from 1.36 to 1.65 per match) in the division, out of 16 teams. The actual output got worse, but from what I can tell the underlying stats got better? xGA fell from 1.54 in 2019 to 1.27 in 2020 too. 

The average squad age in 2019 was 28.8 which was the 2nd highest in the division. In 2020, that fell to 27.3 which was the lowest in the Super League. Even if according to points per match Dalian slipped from 9th (1.27) in 2019 to 13th (0.79) in 2020, I think the data beneath it suggests an improvement hence the board being happy with the transformation over there

thing is though we obviously are looking through NUFC spectacles. If you look at it from Everton supporters perspective they will  firstly (and are) not forgetting him calling them a small club (I would not be happy either if a prospective manager had called us the same), then they will look at his recent management history Real Madrid, NUFC and China and say his best days are over. We know the full story of his time here and the fact that through the owner having no interest in moving the club forward, nearly every signing he brought into the club was way down his actual target list. The Everton fans won’t consider that (no fucker does outside of Newcastle), they will just say a shit manager like Bruce is doing a similar job.  I’m not having a go at Rafa before anyone chirps in, I’m just saying I can understand from an Everton fans point of view why they would not want him. 

I thought Lampard to Palace was nailed on, Everton should go for Dyche and Spurs need probably Graham Jones with a quality coaching set up so Levy can have his dream of buying and selling all the players 

Steve Cooper to Fulham is what we are expecting this weekend once Parker to Bournemouth is confirmed. Most Swansea fans are not too concerned and w=quite like the idea of someone new. 

Although Fulham are apparently balking now at the 3.5 million compensation that they've known about since the start.

15 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

Bit of a dick move from Favre but glad because Palace would be overachieving.

Mad how these clubs are still searching.

They're all just desperate for Brucie....they just don't know it yet

The latest on Rafa came this morning on Talksport. https://talksport.com/football/901743/rafael-benitez-close-next-everton-manager-job-fan-backlash-liverpool/

It is believed Toffees owner Farhad Moshiri was taking time to measure the response from supporters, after an angry backlash following their approach for the ex-Liverpool chief.

X-rated banners have appeared outside Everton’s home ground, with one of the more polite messages to the ex-Reds boss reading: ‘Benitez not welcome’.

Everton’s approach for the Benitez has also split opinion with pundits, with accusations the former Chelsea, Real Madrid and Newcastle United boss uses clubs as ‘stepping stones’ to get bigger jobs.

And it is now understood Moshiri has decided to push ahead with the deal following extended talks with the Spaniard.

However, it appears not everyone at the club is in agreement over the pursuit for Benitez.

Other members of the Everton board are understood to be ‘concerned’ by the approach, especially following the angry response from supporters with volatile banners directed at the ex-Liverpool manager being erected on the gates of Goodison Park.

They claim it could happen before the end of the weekend