The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

17 hours ago, joeyt said:

would give anything for a manager like this again

An absolutely agonising read. Leeds are everything we wish we were and everything we're not. 

8 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Would kill for Bielsa here.

Aye. He's like the attacking version of Rafa. Absolutely obsessed about building football teams. That story about him spying on Derby in the championship still cracks me up. :lol:

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

Aye. He's like the attacking version of Rafa. Absolutely obsessed about building football teams. That story about him spying on Derby in the championship still cracks me up. :lol:

Some daft cunt on twitter told me that he was no better than Bruce. Absolute fucking doughnut's amongst our support.

Leeds were literally the best team to watch out of the whole PL last year. First year back. He's KK-esque imho.

2 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Some daft cunt on twitter told me that he was no better than Bruce. Absolute fucking doughnut's amongst our support.

Leeds were literally the best team to watch out of the whole PL last year. First year back. He's KK-esque imho.

Pochettino and Pep said years before Bielsa was even managing in England that he was one of their greatest inspirations. Two of the best managers in British football in the last decade saying they learned so much from him, but aye Bruce is just as good. Leeds fans must absolutely adore the bloke. 

12 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Bielsa is as clear a football genius as there is. Remarkable man that can do it at any level. He'd get Orient into PL.

I really, really like Bielsa but I think this is all a bit much. He's been coaching for 40 years and won very, very little and pretty much nothing in Europe. I don't really understand people acting like he's one of the best coaches ever. 

In terms of managing teams to titles then no he isn't and rarely stays at a club too long

But in terms of getting every last effort out of the players at his disposal whilst also playing attacking football, he's brilliant and the list of coaches he's inspired shows that

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I really, really like Bielsa but I think this is all a bit much. He's been coaching for 40 years and won very, very little and pretty much nothing in Europe. I don't really understand people acting like he's one of the best coaches ever. 

That he's been coaching for 40 years without winning much and still believes passionately in his methods says everything tbh. That criticism was levelled at Poch at Spurs, but do you think they have gone forwards since getting rid of him?

Guest HTT II

Beisla is a coaches coach, he’s absolutely amazing and lack of silverware means fuck all. KK won nowt, but look what he achieved with HIS football team and those players. 

9 hours ago, Froggy said:

download.jpg.668077ff8abe5b7c681a64f9d71

2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Any bets on the first manager in the PL to be sacked?

Got to be Watford's manager.

Done a great job getting them up but will probably be sacked at some point before Christmas

21 minutes ago, The Janitor said:

download.jpg.668077ff8abe5b7c681a64f9d71

I'm deadly serious. :lol:

I'm not slating the man. I think he's class. I love his philosophy. At the same time I don't see him as one of the greats and certainly not anywhere near the finest example of a football genius. 

I haven't seen a plan B from him. I respect the ideology but the likes of him coming to Old Trafford last season with the mindset he did was a huge mistake. 

He'll have his big wins like 5-0 against WBA and 5-2 against Newcastle, but I can't call someone a genius who can also lose 4-1 to Leicester and Palace. The amount of goals they shipped to the "big six" was absolutely obscene too.