The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

24 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Do you think Conte is suitable? 18 month contract with Spurs speaks volumes. It always ends in disaster; falling out with players, the board, the fans etc. We want stability, which Conte doesn't provide. Conte is probably a better coach than Rodgers, but I'd much rather Rodgers. Conte wanted us, but we didn't want Conte.

If Poch was available at the same time Conte was, I have no doubt Ole would be gone.

I don't buy this at all. We know we're miles off Liverpool and City. Ole is there 3 years and we weren't expecting the title even this season, just a title challenge. A bit of fight at least.

That's the thing...you are still in a fight. A little bit of form and some dodgy results for City/Liverpool/Cheslea and you're still right up there. 

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

Lack of suitable candidates willing to take over mid-season.

This is Solskjaer's last season unless there's a miracle. 

Apart from money, why isn't Ole quitting? Does he feel he is doing a good job?

Your legendary captain Steve Bruce, held out for money. Is Ole cut from the same cloth too?

1 hour ago, Ashley17 said:

Looks like Norwich are going for the Bodo/Glimt manager

If they get him, I hope he is able to bring a few of the Glimt players with him so the team can more easily adapt to his philosophy. I love watching their left back Fredrik André Bjørkan play, and think he has the pace, strength and stamina combined with decent technique to really excel in this league. Just pray he doesn't do a Solskjær. Would be so fun to see a team in the PL play like Glimt.

6 minutes ago, Conjo said:

If they get him, I hope he is able to bring a few of the Glimt players with him so the team can more easily adapt to his philosophy. I love watching their left back Fredrik André Bjørkan play, and think he has the pace, strength and stamina combined with decent technique to really excel in this league. Just pray he doesn't do a Solskjær. Would be so fun to see a team in the PL play like Glimt.

Bodo/Glimt is my go to team for Win and BTTS every weekend.

12 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Would love to see Bjørkan and Berg in the PL.

Scanning the field and it doesn’t look like there are a ton of great options to replace OGS…unless the club is willing to sacrifice competing in the short-term with a view to a complete rebuild. Froggy is right about Conte; he probably would’ve had them competing for a couple of seasons but would he have stuck around longer than that?

I think Poch is the only appointment they could make that would have them competing immediately and also commit to the long-term.

1 minute ago, xLiaaamx said:

Sky just tweeted the Norwich shortlist is Smith, Lampard, Hasenhuttl. 

So Smith or Lampard then[emoji38]

Hope it’s Lampard as it’ll be a team we don’t need to worry about.

Xavi was introduced today. He said all the right things and was ambitious without taking people for fools. At least the discourse is already miles better than Koeman's "it is what it is" attitude. We'll see when the rubber hits the road. We also have 11 players out at the moment, which is ridiculous.

I felt a bit for him when he spoke at length about loving playing with wingers... the only real winger we have is Dembelé, who's perma-injuried.

But god, I love so much having him back at the club :smitten:

618932a880eaf.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Intrigued to see how Gerrard does.

Think he has a respect from the players up in Scotland that he won’t get in England. Not sure why, but just think he will be mediocre at best. 

Yeah, I’m happy to watch the experiment at another club - I think he has more about him than Lampard or Rooney, but I’m glad it’s not us rolling the dice.

10 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Think Simeone's set for his career now...all Man U can offer him is grief and even more cash than he's already on. 

Seriously doubt Zidane would go anywhere but French national team, or Juventus now. Might end up at Bordeaux in about 10 years if he ends up not being as good as everyone thinks/

They would probably struggle to even to do that - isn't he already the highest paid in the world?