The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

How do people rate Smith vs Howe?

Villa were saved by the most extraordinary technology failure we've seen in the PL in some time. Had goal line technology worked, Villa would've went down and Bournemouth stayed up.

I think considering the investment of both teams, neither team should have been in that situation but moreso Bournemouth shouldn't have been in that situation. Also Bournemouth consistently looked vulnerable at the back in the 5 years they were in the PL.

I don't watch enough of Villa to know how a Dean Smith side plays. They were pretty much as much a 1-man team as you'll see in the PL when things were going well iirc. 

Edited by The College Dropout

Dean Smith did a great job with Villa, but I feel, he’s that type of manager where he’s ideal for that one club and will eventually become a PFM type going from job to job. Howe seems far more advanced in terms of his coaching, teachings and philosophy and more organic if that makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Not even managed a game yet at Villa and journalists are desperate to get him back to Anfield :lol:

Ridiculous question 

I hate villa but that's totally disrespectful to a big club..they won't be happy until he gives a time and date 

Villa will never be good enough. No matter what he accomplishes there, it’ll always come back to “…but what about Liverpool…” Media is completely obsessed with it and it’s kinda pathetic. It’s also unfair to Villa fans and to Gerrard himself, who as far as I can tell hasn’t put a wrong foot forward throughout this process.

Was there this much clamoring for Lampard to get the Chelsea job before he did? Or did he move so quickly into the role that it caught everyone by surprise? Can’t recall.

Ain’t nobody out here foaming at the mouth for Vieira to get the Arsenal job.

16 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Villa will never be good enough. No matter what he accomplishes there, it’ll always come back to “…but what about Liverpool…” Media is completely obsessed with it and it’s kinda pathetic. It’s also unfair to Villa fans and to Gerrard himself, who as far as I can tell hasn’t put a wrong foot forward throughout this process.

It'll only become more and more intense if he has any success there, anything they do will primarily be about Liverpool as far as the media will be concerned. I almost feel sorry for them.

Just now, Kimbo said:

It'll only become more and more intense if he has any success there, anything they do will primarily be about Liverpool as far as the media will be concerned. I almost feel sorry for them.

They have no long term future with him.   If he succeeds, it will always be 'when is he going to Liverpool'. If he fails, he gets sacked and is linked with every low level premier league team/championship team till he's appointed.

If he just does ok, then it's a case of when does Klopp get sacked?

Someone mentioned earlier, its like Lampard in reverse....he had his big chance and while not being bad didn't do enough to stay at Chelsea. He won't get that chance again, and will have to genuinely prove himself now to get a shot at another big job...which i don't think he ever will 

These changes are like the achillies paradox. Everyone's changed so nothing has changed, everyone has the same chance of new manager bounce so nobody has the chance of new manager bounce.

However I feel were the ones that have distinctly improved our situation - Gerrard will do well to do better than Smith before he can bring in his players and Smith will, i think, slightly improve Norwich but neither were lumbered with a lazy poor manager like we were.

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

Not even managed a game yet at Villa and journalists are desperate to get him back to Anfield :lol:

Here's the BBC take on things - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59330514

But he's still a lying scouse bastard - he knows what he wants to do - just got to make Villa looks good and in a 2 to 4 years time - the pool job will come along.